MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I apologize if this is the wrong section, just figured I would make a thread to see if anyone has had similar issues.

I own an R50, and it's having some sort of issue possibly clutch wise.

The symptoms I've seemed to run into are; the clutch pedal feels soft, I can only put it into gear while the car is off, otherwise if the car is on and I try to put it into first, it grinds. The car seems to move after releasing the clutch when it's in first.

I have no idea what is going on, I did have a brake line explode from under the car, which I've repaired but system has not been bled.

Ideas/suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
first of all do a gearbox oil change if its never had one do it twice u will get metal shaivngs if never been done would cost 40£ in fluids i changed my clutch and di that to mine runs almost sweet now it is a shit gear box

·
Registered
17 Posts
also move off in second just a few extra revs should do it dont force it if its nae gonna go in try again slowly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first of all do a gearbox oil change if its never had one do it twice u will get metal shaivngs if never been done would cost 40£ in fluids i changed my clutch and di that to mine runs almost sweet now it is a shit gear box
I may change the oil in the transmission, put on new brakes front and rear, and bleed the entire system from start to finish, and hope for the best.

My worst case is that the clutch will need to be replaced.

& to add on, from the previous readings and threads, I've noticed that the 5 speed transmission was poorly designed. I may be having that same issue, and if it really is, nothing a 6 speed conversion won't take care of :)

Thank you for the helpful response!

·
Registered
7 Posts
did have a brake line explode from under the car, which I've repaired but system has not been bled.
it's possible that there is a bit of air in the clutch hydraulics. I would look there first of all

·
Registered
7 Posts
did have a brake line explode from under the car, which I've repaired but system has not been bled.
it's possible that there is a bit of air in the clutch hydraulics. I would look there first of all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts