MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was recommended to come here, rather than spend a fortune at a bmw dealership garage.
My dashboard keeps flickering and turning on/off. There is an eml on, with a dashboard connection error code showing. This appears after the dashboard has flickered.
Apparently I should find someone with a good scanner to identify the fault further?
Can I replace the dashboard if this is the problem? Or are they coded to each individual car?
Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there anything else I should look at?

·
Registered
17 Posts
give this guy some of your good advice guys pointed him here, ive suggested a few ideas but maybe one of you have had this problem and no the fix.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm hoping to steer you in the right direction. It may have an electrical issue or ground issue somewhere. I know that's a pretty broad response, but check all connectors and see there is anything concerning or something that may give you second thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping to steer you in the right direction. It may have an electrical issue or ground issue somewhere. I know that's a pretty broad response, but check all connectors and see there is anything concerning or something that may give you second thoughts.
The connectors look okay but I’m not sure if I’m looking at the right ones. I am unsure where the grounds for the dashboard are?
Can you help guide me or tell me what I can look at to find out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
A few of the grounds that come through my mind are if you lift the carpets up on each side driver and passenger, there are "middle terminals" which are grounds located in the middle of the trim on each side driver/passenger. Check all connections and condition of the wires. That would be my recommendation to start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts