MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, newbie here.

My mothers R50 Cooper is having a misfire that I can't figure out for the life of me. If you start the car like any other car, it runs awfully and the EML comes on. If you put it to ignition, the fuel pump primes, everything is spot on. If you wait 30 seconds in ignition live while putting your belt on, phone on charge, etc. then all is well most of the time. I've got a cheap diagnostic code reader that just says misfire on cylinder 2. I've replaced the coil with a known working unit (the old coil went on another car and works fine), HT leads are all brand new, spark plugs were replaced just over 12 months ago and all look really good, fuel filter and fuel pump have been replaced and it still does it. Everything I can see looks to be in perfect working order. Are there any tips on what this could be? Other than the misfire, the only other potential symptom is an increase in fuel consumption.

Thanks all!

· Registered
1,302 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.