MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a R50 2001 - Lately ive been having staring issues. Firstly the petrol gauge comes up but there is no life with the ignition. Doesn't click or turn over. If I slam the drivers door the dash lights up then (well sometimes) it fires up once I turn the key. The starter motor appears fine when I tested it but Im scratching my head and avoiding hitting the car with a hammer LOL - any ideas please before I end up in a white jacket and rocking myself ??

· Registered
10 Posts
its a bad earth or do this
well who ever has the same problem as mine its the power wire to the solenoid on the starter motor no power to it
1 - run a wire from positive wire on the solenoid to inside the car head towards the cig lighter in the car (as already fused to the ignition)
2 -disconnect the battery strip the pannel where the cig lighter is to get to the wiring the cut the red wire going to the cig lighter in the car get a push starter button (about £4) connect both wires one from the cig lighter (red) and the one from the solenoid to the terminals on the switch then reconnect the battery test the switch then re-fit all pannels the all done
PROBLEM IS - power lead to the solenoid is broken somewhere an is hard to find in a full wiring loom best and its cheaper just fitting your own button any questions ask it works everytime bloody MINI lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.