MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot off the news! :)

UK MINI dealers have now been informed that the MINI Convertible has been put on 'unadvisory spec' status. Customers will no longer be able to spec factory build convertible models.

MINI will still be building a number of 'stock' vehicles, such as the sidewalk, to meet continuing demand for the convertible, and any new customers enquiring into the convertible will be sold one of these stock vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Noooooo :( Just as I was going to go and order my MCSC JCW Sidewalk in Astro Black (or White Silver) with Xenons, Nav and all the other toys :hmph:

...ok so I wasnt, but still, I'd absolutly love one for the summer!! :cool:

(MINI Park Lane have a shed load of Sidewalks in stock! :eek:)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be plenty of new cars in stock available Jo if you do get the urge....

I'd imagine supplies won't dry up until the end of the year :)

·
I'm back!
344 Posts
I'm officially driving a museum piece now! :D Just in time for the summer... which here in the UK looks more like mid-winter most of the time :( Perhaps Mini are being more commercially astute that we might give them credit for - the peak of sales in the UK will have been when there was the prospect of a good summer a while back :wink:

·
clubMINI Master
992 Posts
Seen a few sidewalks around here but not many......looks like the sidewalk will be one of the really rare special editions....YAY..........

I love my car so much already! It's so great...Perfect for a Melbourne Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn!

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Ahh yes good ol' Melbourne's 4 seasons in one day :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love my sidewalk too !
it's like a dream to drive under coconuts tree and sunshine on my FWI island.
Topless of course :)

·
thats better
2,482 Posts
Did a factory tour,,,yesterday was the last day the R52's will be produced.
The line is being adjusted for the R57,,,,, :D

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Awww on to bigger and better things then hopefully :D

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd imagine cars will still be registered after September on 58 plates, and there may be the odd car remaining unregistered next year that gets registered on an 09 plate even ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts