MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my roof - it won't open. It gets stuck on the drivers side whilst the passenger side opens slightly. Broken / misaligned cable?
There is a video on youtube which I have tried to follow to try and repair it but I cannot get the roof motor out - I've removed the 3 hex bolts but the motor seems to be stuck and I can't get it out. Has anyone got any advice on how to get the roof motor out, and possibly why it won't just fall out after the bolts have been removed?
I know there is a few posts about the roof not opening and it could be a common problem.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to say the roof motor is now unattached - it just needed a little bit of persuasion with a screwdriver underneath the circular bit to the left of where the crank handle goes in, and where it meets the casting above. Now stuck moving the black plastic tab back on the side which has the cable unattached to disengage the first part of the sunroof - when I'm trying to push it back it seems to be catching on a piece of metal.. As the cable is no longer attached, when I'm pushing the black plastic tab (which holds the cable stay) back, it seems to point towards the inside of the car (instead of straight down the channel), and there's a piece of metal there which it seems to snag on. Anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, that black plastic tab which holds the front of the cable (top latch) had come out of the runner. Managed to persuade this back into the runner, followed the video on youtube, and am happy to say, the roof is now working as it should. I have a spare parcel shelf if anyone is interested?
I also put two new tyres on the car and am going to replace the nearside rear light as it is a bit cloudy. Once that is done I plan to sell the car, so if anyone is interested give me a shout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts