MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new here so apologies if this has been covered before. Recently got a nice 03 MCS with climate control. Usually run around with it on 22C on auto but as the weather has got cooler i've noticed that it blows cool air regardless of the outside temp. Today i turned the AC off and lo and behold warm air started flowing and the temperature responded to adjustments to the temp control panel. I had assumed it was a blocked matrix but now i'm not too sure. Also what i now assume was the AC cooling fan was kicking in every 5 mins (thought it was the rad cooling fan as it is a packed engine bay!!!) but when i turned the ac off it stopped leading me to believe it could be the cooling fan located under the car.
If anyone has any ideas or has come across this before i'd be most grateful. Not afraid of doing things myself and son is a mechanic so we have access to a 4 post lift.
Thanks in advance
Chris

· Registered
635 Posts
Make sure the temp sensor is seated properly in the panel. Mine wasn't and it did all sorts of strange things. Turn it to HI and it should still give full whack as the temp sensor is not used on HI (or LO).

Simple fix.

You can get a working second hand sensor form eBay for little more than a tenner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.