MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ,
this is my first post so i am sorry if it's placed in the wrong section,
anyhow, i became an owner of an r53 recently, and although i have to bear interior rattles everyware i have to say it's a fun little car..! , there's no noise greater that that of the supercharger whine ;) despite this i was soon shocked by the mpg of this thing.. it drinks fuel..!
Anyway , question is when i am not blasting this thing from corner to corner, how can i drive it for optimum mpg?
i mean like at what rev's should i change my gears at?
currently i change gears at 2 - 2.5revs when not speeding :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all ,
this is my first post so i am sorry if it's placed in the wrong section,
anyhow, i became an owner of an r53 recently, and although i have to bear interior rattles everyware i have to say it's a fun little car..! , there's no noise greater that that of the supercharger whine ;) despite this i was soon shocked by the mpg of this thing.. it drinks fuel..!
Anyway , question is when i am not blasting this thing from corner to corner, how can i drive it for optimum mpg?
i mean like at what rev's should i change my gears at?
currently i change gears at 2 - 2.5revs when not speeding :p
Haha, same here. Just finished my first tank of gas and calculated 10.9 L/100km, worse than my 3 litre BMW !. But then I have had my foot up it most of the time:) Experimenting on the way home, I reckon about 3,000 rpm is optimal in 6th gear giving 14 km per litre.

I am interested to see what advise you get. I also have a mystery rattle which I think is the parcel shelf though it seems secure, and have bought some foam tape (draft stop) to fill any gaps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts