MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can I replace my 2003 hid headlights with the upgraded 2006 hid headlights with projection with no problems on the mini cooper s?

·
Registered
2003 R53 Liquid Yellow
86 Posts
Not R56 they are totally different. The R53 lights lift with the bonnet, R56 lights don't
You need facelift R53 Xenons 2004>2006

Gerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2006 is gen 1, the question was can he fit 2006 hid headlamps.
So it's only the face lift 2004-2006 hid headlamps will fit into my 2003 mini cooper s to replace my pre face lift hid headlamps, is this correct? ?

·
Registered
991 Posts
How to ask two different questions in one thread. Don’t be upset if the answers don’t turn out to be appropriate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don’t do the Joey mod. Please don’t. Mine were chrome and my friend had a orange mini with the black ones. We traded those and she took my chrome mirror caps for her black ones. Just look around eBay, or cars that are being parted out on Craigslist. Be patient and look constantly and you will find them.
snaptube vidmate

·
Registered
187 Posts
They come up on eBay quite often. Make sure you get all the parts, ballasts, bulbs and washers and these are not cheap. The washers can be swapped but be careful not to break any bit when doing so because dismantling is needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts