MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mini2 Newbie
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought these Halo LED Indicator/Side lights on ebay, got the smoked ones :D , they look good and seem to work properly and all, only thing i've noticed is after i have locked the car they stay on for a short while then come on randomly and will flash up randomly when the car is locked/off. Just worried it might eventually drain the battery. Anyone with these have similar experiences at all?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I have similar Halo sides, not smoked. Been on for 9 months. I didn't fit any Canbus filter things, just put them in.
Mine glow faintly for ages after the car is off and locked. Must be at least 30 minutes, haven't measured it. They don't come on or flash, least-wise not that I've ever noticed.

Mine are so bright I often use them as DRLs. And my car also has auto lights so they are on a lot. Never had any issues with them flattening the battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 MCS
3 Posts
I bought the very same lights from ebay,
also stayed on dim for a while after switching off and complained to the seller about them staying on,
ended up getting them to pay for some resistors .

ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-T10-5W5-W5W-Resistors-5W-LED-Light-Error-Free-Can-bus-Decoder-Adapter-12V/182408486981?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I wouldnt have bothered but they tried to make out i was making it up and they had never had a complaint before !
I did suggest they should include a resistor into the manufacturing process , maybe they will maybe they wont ::wink::

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not error free

Had these fitted but have been told they are not error free, and are causing dash warning lights to come on. Told they need some sort of resistor fitting. Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lol, they've nothing to do with one another.
I know - I was told that because they are not error free, they are interfering with the warning lights - told this by the auto electrician who fitted them. Said they need a resistor to suppress the interference

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
You auto electrician knows nothing about car electronics.
Find another :)

*edit. On a related note, the gen1 does actually know about the voltage differences of LED bulbs, but there's just no warning lights to the user ;)
And they DO NOT interfere with other warnings/errors.

Can you tell which of my lights have LEDs fitted? :laugh:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Possible it is a bad earth/connection

I had an issue with led bulbs fitted in my rear lights. When I put my lights on, the high level brake light came on.

I changed the bulb holder units and no more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts