MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
The R53 Nav seems dated now... :(

DaFlake, did you notice any significant changes in features with the new Nav?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
The R53 Nav seems dated now... :(

DaFlake, did you notice any significant changes in features with the new Nav?
Huge... The graphics were more like that of the Garmin systems. Also, the speed to zoom in and out and POI search was much better. The entire system was much faster.

I still like my NAV, I just want to know what the major differences are. :)

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
can you not have the voice?? I run a portable system with the volume down, as I hate the person saying Complete a U turn..... if I decide to go a different way.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
can you not have the voice?? I run a portable system with the volume down, as I hate the person saying Complete a U turn..... if I decide to go a different way.
You don't want to have the voice saying where to go?
You can adjust the voice volume on the menu.

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
no usually I leave that job for my girlfriend

·
Quack Quack Oregon Ducks
237 Posts
can you not have the voice?? .
Yes, you can turn down the volume, but there is also a control that mutes the voice instructions altogether. By the way, this system will recalculate your route if you choose to use a road that wasn't originally suggested. Does the recalculation fairly quickly, before it tells you to take a "legal U-turn" at the earliest convenience.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i really dont want to sound thick, but i am getting the Sat Nav in my new R56 and where is the dvd unit for the sat nav disc? I have only seen pictures of it, and am unsure is it the slot below the screen or is that for regular cds? Can someone help me?

·
MCS R53 Red and Whitey
42 Posts
Is the old system 4:3 and the new system 16:9 ratio?

The frst generation of DVD Sat Nav in early BMWs were 'square' where as the later ones were 'widescreen' is this the case here?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
12 Participants
DaFlake
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing