MINI Cooper Forum banner

Which would you choose / How did you rate the video?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Morph-a-Doodle
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:::::World Exclusive::::​

:::::World Exclusive::::​

See it rate it!

Rams

NB
Be very careful if you want to choose the last option on the poll

1, It takes countless hours to complete a Top Gear Style video.
2, Have the balls to link us to your own efforts if indeed you have any, then allow me to judge (the video and not your balls!)
3, Bear in Mind I'm posting something of value to the site, not just another mindless thread about tire tread patterns.
4,I welcome constructive feedback from people who know how to edit video.
5, The video upload process takes a heavy chunk of quality from the video and shots that may look blurred or out of focus/ pixaleted, are purely down to re-sizing to upload sites.

Thanks for the majority of great comments.
It's worth the time then :wink:

·
Registered
782 Posts
What was the result when you switched drivers and did the run again?
The driver of the R56 Works is the creator of GTSPIRIT - Gumball 3000, Bullrun, Cannonball & MORE and has had his share of runs (including Gumball). I estimate his driving skills are higher than mine. We repeated it with the same result but not switching drivers. 14 juli we will drive together on the Ring.

·
231bhp on Lohen's dyno
1,741 Posts
R53 for me, but Rams yours is the best R56 i have seen. Most be a colour coded thing.
Great vid.
What he said;)

Video is quality Rams, some very innovative camera angles (especially the exhaust tips:wink:).

Great work

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
not a bad effort Rams. what did you use to edit the footage? I am not too keen on the picture in picture at the beggining.

i have to agreee - the exhaust shot is very nice, but slightly long.

over all a really nice, well put together piece mate!

·
Morph-a-Doodle
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not a bad effort Rams. what did you use to edit the footage? I am not too keen on the picture in picture at the beggining.

Final Cut Express on the Mac, it's the first time in using FCE, so i'm just getting to grips with all the various tricks that can be done.
I had guidance with the PIP from Apple Training, I was a little undecided with that bit myself. But Alas it made the final cut and I stand by it!

Rams

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
Lovin the vid Rams

Only criticism is a little too long, and would have loved to see more of those low moody shots on the second track (great leap of faith to run over the camera :cool:)

Great bit of work and we can see how much time you've put into this one. Only 7 mins long but dread to think how long you spent cutting those shots, and mixing them together, if its like our videos we spend hours selecting tracks and rough cutting.

Jax

·
Morph-a-Doodle
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lovin the vid Rams

Only criticism is a little too long, and would have loved to see more of those low moody shots on the second track (great leap of faith to run over the camera :cool:)

Great bit of work and we can see how much time you've put into this one. Only 7 mins long but dread to think how long you spent cutting those shots, and mixing them together, if its like our videos we spend hours selecting tracks and rough cutting.

Jax
Thanks for the input Jax, It took around 22 hrs to complete, that's not including the actual time it took to film the days footage.

I will have to trim down my work I completely agree, I did favour my lower shots to work with I felt this gave more an illusion of speed.

Rams

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
As an R56 owner it´s that model for me first, but I like the R53 aswell - both will look o.k. in my garage :D

Good job putting the film together, Rams :cool:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
35 Participants
Morri7
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing