MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, go easy as I'm new here.

My wife has a 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S with JCW engine tune and exhaust and 54,000 miles. She has had the car now for 2 years and loves it, however it has developed a few issues recently.

Firstly, I don't feel it has ever developed the power I think it should and has been a thirsty beast at around 25 mpg mixed driving. Last week the check engine and EML lights came on and the car was intermittently chugging and very low on power. It has done this a couple of times last year but seemed to clear. On checking, the following OBD codes were stored:

P0108 absolute pressure in intake manifold - barometric pressure-input high
P1688 electronic throttle monitoring, level 2/3, air mass - calculation error

I have taken out the t-map sensor on the front of the manifold and cleaned it, resetting the fault codes and it has driven okay so far today with no lights on, although still feels low on power. Given that the fault has been intermittent I am reluctant to purchase a new sensor yet.

I have read that the bypass valves on these are often faulty but on brief examination this one seems to snap shut and the spring feels like it has good resistance.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, go easy as I'm new here.

My wife has a 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S with JCW engine tune and exhaust and 54,000 miles. She has had the car now for 2 years and loves it, however it has developed a few issues recently.

Firstly, I don't feel it has ever developed the power I think it should and has been a thirsty beast at around 25 mpg mixed driving. Last week the check engine and EML lights came on and the car was intermittently chugging and very low on power. It has done this a couple of times last year but seemed to clear. On checking, the following OBD codes were stored:

P0108 absolute pressure in intake manifold - barometric pressure-input high
P1688 electronic throttle monitoring, level 2/3, air mass - calculation error

I have taken out the t-map sensor on the front of the manifold and cleaned it, resetting the fault codes and it has driven okay so far today with no lights on, although still feels low on power. Given that the fault has been intermittent I am reluctant to purchase a new sensor yet.

I have read that the bypass valves on these are often faulty but on brief examination this one seems to snap shut and the spring feels like it has good resistance.

Any input would be appreciated.
Hi Mr Angry,

Any luck with this issue?
I've been having the same issue lately.

Thanks
Sam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts