MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my 2008 R55 was running pretty well although idle was a bit uneven. I have began a restoration and have now completed the following;

Crank oil leak
Heat exhcanger oil leak
Rocker cover (new aftermarket)
Measured chain. Its ok at the moment.
Sport cat and stainless exhuast
larger intercooler
Decoke valves

First drive out after these works showed good improvement. Really pleased. However 2nd drive and the car started running rough, misfire on one cylinder and blue / white smoke. took the intake manifold off and there is a lot of oil in the manifold itself and the hoses feeding it (this was cleaned when i did the decoke 10 miles before). Looked at the newly cleaned valves and cylinder 1 has fresh oil covering the back of the valves. Checked spark plugs and cylinder 1 has a fair amount of oil in the cylinder. Any ideas please? i cant understand how for a short run how much oil can get into the intake hoses.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a follow up to this the oil isnt in the feed pipe from the intercooler to the manifold. only pooling at the lowest point (throttle body)under the intake manifold. I have check the feed pipe to the intercooler and this is dry. No oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.