MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've owned my R56 JCW for about 2 weeks now and one thing that is annoying me is a crack in the drivers side door sub-woofer.

I have bought a replacement grille/plastic housing unit and it has plastic tabs that look like they may clip into something.

Does this need to be replaced by a dealership? Is it possible for the "average-joe" to do this in their own garage?

I've heard that they're infact "sonic welded"?

If anyone has successfully replaced one of these units it would be great to hear how.

Please see the included picture to see exactly what it is I'm trying to replace.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
My wife's speaker grille is smashed to bits. I will replace it in time

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Hi all,

I've owned my R56 JCW for about 2 weeks now and one thing that is annoying me is a crack in the drivers side door sub-woofer.

I have bought a replacement grille/plastic housing unit and it has plastic tabs that look like they may clip into something.

Does this need to be replaced by a dealership? Is it possible for the "average-joe" to do this in their own garage?

I've heard that they're infact "sonic welded"?

If anyone has successfully replaced one of these units it would be great to hear how.

Please see the included picture to see exactly what it is I'm trying to replace.

Many thanks in advance!

Just had a quick look on flebay this one looks to be screwed in place?
GENUINE MINI R56/R55/R57 2007>2013 - CHROME TRIM DOOR CARD SPEAKER COVER 2753333 | eBay

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a quick look on flebay this one looks to be screwed in place?
GENUINE MINI R56/R55/R57 2007>2013 - CHROME TRIM DOOR CARD SPEAKER COVER 2753333 | eBay
Yes you're 100% correct. I had a look at the one I purchased and that has 6 screw holes.

So it looks like they're now screwed in.

Thanks for your reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Toucan
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing