MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mini Cooper that I purchased over a year ago started throwing some CEL with codes p1497 (downstream throttle airleak) and P2188 (system too rich at idle). I assumed that it was that valve cover which I changed but received the same CEL later that day. Upon reinstalling the new valve cover, I noticed the Crankcase vent hold coming out of my back left side of the valve cover did not resemble a stock one that I had seen on YouTube. Instead, mine seems to have been cut short at the elbow that then connects to a tube/line running across the intake manifold that connects to it with separate connections coming out of the manifold. There are no clamps that holds the connections tight and can be pushed off fairly easy. There is also noticeable oil residue where this hose connects to the crankcase vent hose.

Has anybody seen this aftermarket set up and what the purpose for it is? I am unsure now how to fix this air leak because I find anything that matches what I currently have. If anybody knows what I have here or how to fix it please let me know. Thank you! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
someone has broken off the pcv pipe to rocker cover that will cause what you have

1 - 2 of 2 Posts