MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
There is now a new bodykit available for the R56 cooper and S ,made in PU (not fibreglass),
New front panel,rear panel,and side sills and arches.

DSC_4816.jpg DSC_4821.jpg IMGP0055.jpg IMGP0067.jpg

Prices as follows:
  • Front bumper = £419
  • rear bumper = £333
  • side skirts = £225
  • head light covers = £99
  • rear spoiler = £99
  • sports grill = £149
all prices are +vat
all items are in primer and can be painted to colour code please email for painting costs
Adam

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hmmm, actually that has to be the first non-OEM MINI body kit that I've seen and thought it looked good on the car:)

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Hmmm, actually that has to be the first non-OEM MINI body kit that I've seen and thought it looked good on the car:)
Ditto. :)

:hmph: Although, those weird eyebrow headlight covers should be left off. :p The rest looks fabulous. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far -more people are liking than not liking :)
I prefer it to the factory option myself ,not too radical ,but different ,perhaps the rear spoiler should be a bit longer but that just my view
being PU it will be tough too,and using factory mounting easy to self fit

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
The rear I think is let down a bit, maybe because of the lights/reflectors which look like an after thought or standard part squeezed into their design, but otherwise this is probably the best looking (or least ugly?) aftermarket kit I've seen for the MINI of any generation!

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
thats well sexy! if only i had known about this a few weeks ago before i ordered my aero kit from MINI ida had one. certainly looks mean!

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Just wondering... is anyone worried about the assumed aerodynamic inefficiencies of the headlight eyebrows or the front bumper directing air into a pocket around the front fog lights? :confused: :p

Or am I once again being a nitwit over negligible differences? :redface:

·
JcwMiniAdventures
434 Posts
woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats nice

I will be the first to admit that as a 1st gen owner i think the r56/2nd gen has lost all the curves from the 1st gen & wouldn't buying one in a hurry

But if there is bodykits around like that coming out then i am all for them shame i have another year & half two pay off also that would no way fir on my drive - only get my MCS with aero kit on just at the mo

I dont mind the cat eyes but each to everyone opnion

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I don't like it at all, would have loved it if it came out before I got the JCW Aero kit!!! But seriously looks awesome with the exception of the rear fog's which look dodgy!! Sorry just say it how it is!

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The rear fogs can always be smoked either in black or body colour -they would not stand out so much
stainless grilles could also be done for the front /rear if desired -Im already on the case ,along with daylight running lights a .la audi R8
As with all these things ,they change and get personalised over time , but at least there is a second option now other than factory !

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
:O i am getting R8 style day driving lights on my aero kit, and using the fog light ports as a ram-air cold air feed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:O i am getting R8 style day driving lights on my aero kit, and using the fog light ports as a ram-air cold air feed.
How are the R8 daytime running lights being done? Are they just going to be one of those aftermarket strips of LEDs that can be bought off eBay and stuck on over the headlight?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The daylight running lights come as a standalone unit ,very very bright ,and made by the same company that do the R8 lights -£200 a pair
On the mini there are few places for them to fit other than the bumper or grille -which will need insert holes making

·
Dooper Scooper
469 Posts
I love this kit! Dare I say...better looking than the JCW one... :p

Interested in the daylight running lights...if it's top notch stuff, for £200 it is quite reasonable.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SEE OFFER on the minimania forum on the site !
I need a couple of R56 cars in good colours to best show off the kit and its curves- be the first in UK !!! as long as you are prepared to have every MINI owner who sees you point ,stop you and ask questions:nice:

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
Nice looking bodykit, best looking non-OEM kit so far, very good second best to the JCW kit.

The only thing I can fault is the positioning/shape of the rear fog lights they just don't look right, look like an after thought!

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like that would of looked at getting it if hadn't ordered JCW aerokit, probably would look better if relocated the fogs in bottom of rear grills though. Does anyone know what those wheels are in the first 2 pics?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts