MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone. I need to swap out the chain etc on my daughters 2009 R56 1.4. The job itself is well within my capabilities but it seems crazy to buy a £200 tool that I'll only ever use once (I recognise that I need to buy the proper tool rather than a cheap eBay knock-off that isn't to tolerance/spec). Is there anyone out there in the UK prepared to rent out the proper tool to me for a weekend please?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
With these cars, it's more likley you'll have to change them more than once if you intend on keeping the car long term.

Try giving your location, maybe someone nearby can help with that tool.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There is a Laser tools one just appeared on Ebay but 6 days to go. search for 'Laser 5149' which is for the N12 engine that you have. Starting at £85. Laser is the top of the range for these cars. You can always sell it on if you won the auction. Item number is 264601831987. Just noticed that until a bid is received he is open to offers so get in an offer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you're in the Midlands near CV47 you could borrow mine, however it is £40 from eBay but seems to work fine

·
Registered
137 Posts
What adaptations?
For my R56 Cooper S I simply fitted the new Vanos that came with the timing chain kit and fitted it. All worked perfect and have 500 miles in it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts