MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just bought my first mini 2013 r56 n16 engine, and i just notice that the fans runs so much time, the car is not overheating (already read a post about the engine function temperature which seems normal), also change the thermosthat per obd2 code and the cooling system is bleeded. Does any one knows if it la normal that cooling fan runs longer than others cars? When i turn off ignition the fans turn off. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Buy software that diagnosis the entire engine. That would tell you in a more plain fashion. I use The foxwell hand held OBD2. I also have the Bavarian software for the Mini Cooper. Which allows a short test on all the modules in the car. It is a basic software deal though. It cannot reset vanos's or service interval lights. But it does reset check engine lights and and mostly eveything else.
Service interval light meaning a light will come on with the brakes wear out or the oil needs to be changed. Due to the service tech that worked on it at Mini cooper setting those values after being serviced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts