MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a problem with a Cooper D 07 with PSA 1.6 diesel engine.

In 1st gear there is really low power, in 2nd sometimes it stays flat all the way until 4000rpm but sometimes it pulls stronger around 3000rpm.
In third gear there is low boost like in first two gears but at around 3000rpm it suddenly pulls like a train and kicks me back in the seat, 4th and 5th gears are similar like 3rd. Sometimes it slightly jerks on full throttle in higher gears at overtaking speed.

If I kick it in lower gear at high speed aggressively it trows me in limp mode but that doesn’t happen very offten.

I have changed the EGR valve and throttle body but it didn’t help. DPF is in good condition so I don’t think thats the problem.

I have tried unplugging MAF sensor and the problem was still there.

Not sure what else should I try...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just remembered mine was a combination of both the boost solenoid and MAP sensor. I would only use genuine parts as have wasted money on EBay and Eurocarparts "genuine" sensors.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Just remembered mine was a combination of both the boost solenoid and MAP sensor. I would only use genuine parts as have wasted money on EBay and Eurocarparts "genuine" sensors.
ho yes we have had many a hour working backwards with your one lol, glad its playing nice now for you..

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Hello, I have a problem with a Cooper D 07 with PSA 1.6 diesel engine.

In 1st gear there is really low power, in 2nd sometimes it stays flat all the way until 4000rpm but sometimes it pulls stronger around 3000rpm.
In third gear there is low boost like in first two gears but at around 3000rpm it suddenly pulls like a train and kicks me back in the seat, 4th and 5th gears are similar like 3rd. Sometimes it slightly jerks on full throttle in higher gears at overtaking speed.

If I kick it in lower gear at high speed aggressively it trows me in limp mode but that doesn’t happen very offten.

I have changed the EGR valve and throttle body but it didn’t help. DPF is in good condition so I don’t think thats the problem.

I have tried unplugging MAF sensor and the problem was still there.

Not sure what else should I try...
questions how many miles has dpf done and has it been mainly over 10 miles runs and revs above 2500 most of its life id so they now say 75000 miles the dpf filter need changing, volvo and ford and psa all use same engine and they now include the dpf filter as part of service ie 75000 miles replace,, your lucky on that engines as dpf and cat are a split item so can just replace the dpf element on ebay £120 ish will need ecu resetting when replace one,, or best way forward have it deleted and ecu remapped so much better for bank account,,, also the turbo gets a right kicking on car with partially blocked dpf filter and when they fail they take out the engine form diesel runaway,, turbo makers say 80 to 120,000 miles life span, need to live data it and see the boost levels and rail pressure etc the fuel filter dont last well very cheap and nasty the get blocked easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts