MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've had a 2008 R56 Cooper D for just over a year now and have non stop issues with the turbo. Ever since i bought it i would notice a loud fan noise coming from the engine bay after stopping, assuming it was the turbo, and didnt think much of it. Then one day I was in Mcd's drive through (as you do) when plumes of white smoke starting coming from the exhaust and a knocking noise came from the turbo. Took it to a garage and they said turbo was buggered and so was the oil feed system, got all that fixed, £1500 later it works perfectly, take it back to the garage for a check up and there is black soot all over the turbo and engine bay, they claim the dpf has gone. They sent that off to be cleaned, charged me another £150 for it and sent me on my way, low and behold a few hundred miles later and black soot is back and power loss is worse than ever. Please for all that is holy does someone know what could be causing this that isn't the turbo itself, the oil feed or the dpf. Or should i just get rid of it. Thank you in advanced and sorry for long explanation saves time in the long run.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts