MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Thinking about upgrading the exhaust on my Mini Cooper s r56. It’s my daily drive so don’t want something obnoxious, but want something that sounds nice with a bit of acceleration? Any suggestions? Thanks Karl.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's looking pretty grim in the way of all that. Somewhere I heard NM exhaust is not all that and Alta exhaust is way to big at 3 inches in diameter. Magna flow I would not get. If flowmaster had something.
So you could pay for a overpriced supersprint exhaust. Or go for an nvidia. If you have the money get the Akrapovic
variable exhaust is pricey as anything else I mentioned. The performance Akrapovic system is cheaper at about 1700 US. It does not have the switch to go from straight to muffled though. What Akrapovic does have for about 400 dollars US ; is a check engine light interferer so that you can run any opened exhaust without a check engine light showing up on the dash. IT connect between the oxygen sensor and it wire counterpart connector. So that is good.
After those you have agency powered. as far as full exhaust systems with band clamp kits keeping in mind the downpipe connection of the lower exhaust that has the flexable piece. Milltek,afe sell pieces of the system at that point you would have to go to a muffler shop. Borla sells good mufflers in the one form not the two soda can style(that is loud and not as good maybe for just track).
Take your pick.
I actually have a JCW exhaust manifold but without a high performance exhaust of my own. I am not putting it on right now.
I may even sell it one day. It was 700 dollars US.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts