3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adam P Roots
MINI2 Newbie
Join: Feb 2019

Feb 08, 2019 · #1
Strange Electrical problem
Hi I'm a new mini owner 2007 r56 UK
I have a strange problem with the electrics I think. Firstly when I use the key fob to unlock I just get the bleepy tone but no unlock, so open drivers door manually. The car starts and I have lights, electric windows, radio. I don't have Speedo readout, rev counter, wipers heater/blower and the signal lights works but don't cancel after turning a corner.
Here's the strange part. After driving a little the bleepy noise happens, a clicking which I think is a relay in the footwell. Then everything kicks into to life and works perfectly. The only thing wrong is the fuel gauge doesn't show any fuel and a couple of dash lights are on but turn ignition off then back on then bam all ok.

Can anyone help shed light on what the fix is. The key fobs have fresh batteries.
Also worth noting when I have driven, go away a bit and come back like to the shops all is working. Seems like it's ok when warmed up a bit.
Main battery is charging good so don't thick that is the problem

Thanks in advance

· Registered
13,577 Posts
Adam P Roots
MINI2 Newbie
Join: Feb 2019

Feb 08, 2019 · #1
Strange Electrical problem
Hi I'm a new mini owner 2007 r56 UK
I have a strange problem with the electrics I think. Firstly when I use the key fob to unlock I just get the bleepy tone but no unlock, so open drivers door manually. The car starts and I have lights, electric windows, radio. I don't have Speedo readout, rev counter, wipers heater/blower and the signal lights works but don't cancel after turning a corner.
Here's the strange part. After driving a little the bleepy noise happens, a clicking which I think is a relay in the footwell. Then everything kicks into to life and works perfectly. The only thing wrong is the fuel gauge doesn't show any fuel and a couple of dash lights are on but turn ignition off then back on then bam all ok.

Can anyone help shed light on what the fix is. The key fobs have fresh batteries.
Also worth noting when I have driven, go away a bit and come back like to the shops all is working. Seems like it's ok when warmed up a bit.
Main battery is charging good so don't thick that is the problem

Thanks in advance
bcm fault body control module,, or might be lucky and its just a bad connection to or from it somewhere, can of switch cleaner and can of wd40 and go start pulling plugs apart and clean and wd40 them just hope its just that, otherwise of bcm at fault genuine factory replacement and programming £600-£800,, cheapest option is have it cloned with a secondhand one, ie price of secondhand unit plus £60-£200 depending where its done for reprogram. might be a dodgy fuse holder or fuse pull each one out and check with multi meter wd40 them all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.