MINI Cooper Forum banner

Is Your MCS R56 reliable?

• Yes, it had no problem (knocking on wood...)

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes, it had minor issues due to design flaws

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • So and so, minor flaws and a few of mch /elect probs

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No, it had some mech / elect issues and I was obliged to go to the dealer

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • It's a "lemon" (or a disaster, a plague or what your worst thoughts suggest)

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hallo everybody.

Reading through the posts and comparing R56 MCS with R53 MCS, it seems that a quite good step in reliability has been done (don't You think? :confused:). Problems are not so widespread as in the past model. .................But JD Power ranked R56 at the bottom of the list...:mad:

Please use this thread to make a summary of MCS experience with faults and probs. Would be useful

Please post your troubles like this (copy and paste):

Date of manufacturing:
KM / Miles:
Trouble number 1:
Fix Number 1:
Trouble number 2:
Fix Number 2:
Was Your dealer good at fixing'em?
I've been aware of this PUMA official case/ Part numbers updated:

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes i saw the jd power results - not exactly great - the build quality and reliability is below the likes of fiat, peugeot etc.

and coupled with the premium pricing, its not something thats making me rush down the dealers to put in my order for a new mcs - which i was on the verge of doing.

most people seem to get problems - its not good enough at this price level, its just not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
R56S delivered in late may 08.
2,200 miles of which 1,200 were driven to the dealer and back in search of a fix for a loud water pump noise.
Car has been there a total of 8 times and it is still not corrected.
BMW takes the ostrich head in the sand approach on this one but I bet that their executives are still getting their fat quarterly bonus premium checks and stock options while the customers are getting the proverbial you know what.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
R56 Delivered march 07
Troubles 7 clutch , flywheel , altinator , fuel pump, speedo, 4 new speakers, amp, footwell module, centre arm rest.
traded in after 4 months for a CTR GT

·
Registered
4 Posts
For us Yanks please translate CTR GT.

Probably something that our government does not allow us to buy in the US. It probably yields good mileage and they prefer us to drive Cadillac Escalades at 8mpg.
CTR GT = Honda Civic Type R GT. I just traded mine for a MCS, mechanicaly the CTR is awesome, not one single recorded engine failure. Sold mine because the paint on them is simply abysmal, super soft & just 70 microns thick - most new cars have 120 - 150 microns of paint.

·
recovering mini addict
26 Posts
Date of manufacturing: July 2007
KM / Miles: 11,200 miles

Trouble number 1: Bonnet wouldn't open
Fix number 1: New release cable fitted under warranty

Trouble number 2: Clutch failure, and ABS & ASC warning lights on.
Fix Number 2: Whele

Trouble number 3: Gear knob kept coming off in my hand
Fix Number 3:

Was Your dealer good at fixing'em?
Yes, but won't acknowledge clutch as a warranty issue despite low mileage and wants to bill my lease company (who may bill me if I'm unlucky). Not heard the word "sorry" at any point in procedings.

I've been aware of this PUMA official case/ Part numbers updated: N/A but know all 3 issues have been experienced by others on this forum.

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Minor issue in 7 months of owning- water pump. Hope it proves to be fault free in the coming months- I have faith in it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts