MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My rear wiper arm was no longer working as the plastic around the nozzle and nut has cracked. I ordered a new wiper arm but when I came to fit it and removed the arm there is part that I can't tell if it is part of the nozzle/wiper motor or part of the original wiper arm.

The replacement wiper arm has a metal barrel, whereas the original broken arm doesn't. There is a metal bit on the washer nozzle that doesn't look like it should be there, but it's well and truly stuck (see photos). Some of the used listings I've seen on eBay seem to look similar to mine but I'm not sure if they are just broken as well. Any ideas?

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KNT, after a bit prodding earlier on with a thin screw driver I was fairly certain it was part of the wiper arm rather than the squirter nozzle. I took a hacksaw to the greyish protruding metal part and managed to prise it off. Underneath was a tapered barrel with splines on the squirter nozzle. New wiper arm fitted on no bother after that!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My rear wiper arm was no longer working as the plastic around the nozzle and nut has cracked. I ordered a new wiper arm but when I came to fit it and removed the arm there is part that I can't tell if it is part of the nozzle/wiper motor or part of the original wiper arm.

The replacement wiper arm has a metal barrel, whereas the original broken arm doesn't. There is a metal bit on the washer nozzle that doesn't look like it should be there, but it's well and truly stuck (see photos). Some of the used listings I've seen on eBay seem to look similar to mine but I'm not sure if they are just broken as well. Any ideas?
The motor will be full of corrosion inside . This is why the arm is cracked it will be seized solid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.