MINI Cooper Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S 2011 (R56 N18). Mini One 2012 (R56 N16).
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Think it must have missed the flight and ended up on the slow boat :ROFLMAO:

Holy crap - Just checked and delivery is now estimated for the 4th Oct...WooHoo!!
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
i ordered a new hot tub back January for april delivery it was stuck at the container port in china for best part of 3 months arrived 3 weeks ago due to lack of container ships and they have covid lock downs in china, and the main issues with the US and trade wars brewing , it also effects new cars as most of the processor chips come from china factory's is also causing big issues and is only going to get worse when it all blows up in south china sea and Taiwan , container prices before covid were around £500 now they are over £12000 ,, like said else where we are no where near the worst of what is coming ,, perfect storm or a planned destroy everything and start again by the super rich perhaps , guess we will never know the truth just live with the outcomes,

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Fighting on the forecourts has already started. 2 punchups at our local BP today. Thunderdome is coming.
yep we have it down here the whole world has gone nuts, the strange bit is this 3 weeks ago going back years from that point we had enough ADR trained hgv drivers and always had fuel, then within a week we did not have enough, all the EU drivers went home before covid over a year ago, my theory is BP and other fuel company's have got their plans to teach governments who have turned against fuel company's with their forced short plans of banning diesel and petrol cars in around ten years ,, would be a perfect storm to park a few trucks up and play the we have not enough drivers for fuel tankers while everyone knows there is a shortage of normal truck drivers,, ie a normal hgv driver must take a very expensive safety certs and checks etc before being allowed to drive a tanker ie a mobile big bomb in the wrong hands, also most normal hgv drivers want to drive tankers as the money is a lot better, hope my theory is wrong as when we come to the tipping point of not enough fuel sales due to lack of fuel reliant cars on the road whats left will be paying £10 or £20 per gallon as the production costs will out weigh its value at some point ,, i suspect we got another 10 years before big changes come and petrol and diesel will be gone ,, i seen somewhere that since this fuel shortage sales for electric cars has gone up by 1400% national grid wont support this increase, i've decided at some point will cover my roof and shed roof with solar panels and big inverter also put a battery pack under garden shed as a storage then can have a back up power off the national grid in case it happens , also will not be screwed over by electric firms banging up prices, this is by far the worst this country has ever been in and its getting worse

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
will add feels like there is a hidden agenda going on, ie i suspect government has got plans to take back railways, take back electrical and gas companies all the infrastructure but make NHS private like in the states so by making certain things happen where it makes all these companies failing to the point where they do and government steps in to rescue us all for something they made happen over a 10 year hit , i just see a pattern in stories at moment , do believe there are bigger things at play ie the rich people who really control the MPs , after tax payer pays to buy these companies back to save us all from no power etc these companies get sort for nothing on paper to the super rich and so the process starts again ,, ie working class get to start from zero again and work hard for the super rich and get crumbs to loose later down the road, just for they can feel all powerful by having so much money they can never spend it ,, just gad I owe no one anything, like said there are bigger things at play at present,, maybe its a reset

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Shame cars arent as easy to fix as pc's with a quick reset. Off and on again and all is well.
I think things will definately get worse but I cant see things being quite as bleak as you suggest. Only time will tell I suppose.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Autocom cdp plus has arrived :D

Cant seem to get live data for the same parameters you have there in your screenshots.

Saved a pdf (atttached) of the usefull looking stuff. Will need a bit of time to play around and get used to the software etc.
Dont think Im hooking up right....there is OBD and eOBD. Will figure it out Im sure.

Still got codes 2c56 and 2c58. But can clear them now.

Also got a vacuum tester to test wastegate actuator and associated tubing, convertor etc

Wifes out all day tomorrow and im waiting for Kwik fit to come and fit my new tyres on the drive so can fiddle to my hearts content. With the car that is.....

Attachments

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
live data go to first screen select the car and engine and diesel or petrol on drop down boxes,, then select connect it will then connect to car the vci will flash green to blue when connected, then will get options on left hand payne to clear codes and read codes and cros tools for other options,, if look bottom right hand lower side a graphs looking buttons select the one that has a + on it this brings to a screen with a pane on left with all the controllers for for live data,, double on each one you want to use it will add it to the left pane ie makes a list when finished adding them once again bottom right select the graphs again ie one button give it in graph's the other in numbers,, i might be doing a live data run on a car tomorrow if i do will record it and post to you,

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ok. I have tested the waste gate with a vauum tester and it appears to be opperating smoothly. I then testd the pipe and could not create a vacuum from the actuator end.
Also swapped out the intercooler resonator pipe because I thought I could feel a split round the back. Turns out its a bit uf rubber holding the jubilee clip in place. DOH!!
Also while I was poking around I noticed this...
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Is loose and flapping about. Firstly, what is it? and secondly should it be loose?

Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
the lever bar is part of gearbox selector and meant to move ,
if have no boost its possible the vac pipes are rear of engine under the inlet manifold , i have see on cars that have a oil leak from the vanos solenoid on inlet the oil drips down on to vac pipes and makes them go sift then the suck in under neg pressure , first time i seen them do this it went to 4 garages 1 main dealers and no one could work it after replacing many parts including turbo and ecu etc,, i found it by smoke testing both the boost side and vac side and do vac pressure tests etc,

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
would need to live data it all see whats doing or not doing what they can be a proper mine field , also smoke testing the pipe work a must, and a vac gauge and hand pump as well for vac system etc, would deffo check that tank under inlet manifold, also live data the banos sprocket as that can also do such intermittent boost , ie the valve over lap wrongly bleed off the pressure

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Working on Autocom/Delphi, will post here when I have a result.
Will probably have a play around with it tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Finally got round to fiddling with Autocom device.
Actually on my wifes Mini One.
Added all available parameters to list, looks the same list as my MCS. Was just sitting at idle.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
cylinder number 4 on smooth running , -1 all others are zero ie healthy
Oxygen sensor before catalysator bank 1 1.47 V Oxygen sensor voltage behind catalysator bank 1 0.72 flicking between 3.4v to 9v when car is at running temp, also the coolant temp if that after a hour of running ie 86c is not hot enough should be 105c on petrols

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Car had been sat on the drive for an hour after wife came home from work.
I jumped in it started it up and took that snapshot.
Car wasnt at operating temp.
Was more to show the available parameters.
WIll take mine for a run tomorrow and plug it in see what we get.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Good oxygen sensors have even waves in the 150 mV to 850 mV range while ascending or descending within a 100 mS or less when the system is in closed loop. closed loop will be when exhaust reaches 600c temps and at 104c running temps,, the precat should change its voltage's faster than post cat sensor,
For post-catalytic converter oxygen sensors used for fuel control:

Post-cat oxygen sensors, when good, feature a steady voltage usually between 500 to 700 mV. If it zigzags, the catalytic converter is highly suspect.

On some vehicles the rear sensor does have some effect on fuel control. For our purposes, it’s just good to know that when testing the sensor, the voltage should go up when the fuel mixture is rich and should go down when it is lean. Sadly there is no way of generically knowing what is an optimal post-cat oxygen sensor voltage. It differs by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Went for a run while plugged in tonight.
Attached pdf has 3 snapshots, havent sussed flight recorder yet....Think its because Im trying to record the whole list. Need to be more selective.
First one is car warmed up sitting in layby at idle.
Second set is whilst driving.
Third set is at idle at end of run.
Pdf says Mini One 2012 but this is the Cooper S 2010

Attachments

41 - 60 of 84 Posts