MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright lads, just looking at my 07 Cooper with Stop/Start and the mpg on the computer says 30.3mpg. To me, this seems very low. Any ideas why and what do you guys get? This is in the UK driving on main roads in traffic but also it doesn't improve much more when I go out at night for a drive etc. I'm not heavy footed, but then again I don't drive like a nun.

Cheers

[Edit]

17" Alloys

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had my 2011 MC for only a month now but have kept an eye on the fuel consumption after having read reports here about low consumption. I have an app on my iPhone called Gas Cubby that works out everything. According to it I have averaged for the short time I have had the car 37.5 mpg.

The car has only 5500 miles on it. I also have 17" alloys with run flats. I gave up trying to use the Stop/Start feature very quickly and turned it off as it never seemed to operate. I am sure if I did a long motorway run, I would get a lot more miles!

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
The wheel rim size shouldnt make much difference because whether its fitted with 15, 16, 17 or 18" rims the overall tyre diameter has to be more or less about the same otherwise it messes up the speedo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So do you think it sounds about right then? Just seems low in my opinion. 5.5k miles on 2011, good find!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Ehliger
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing