MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
kane666
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

There SDI's,what the do is let more fuel into the engine, this in turn gives more BHP and leeting more fuel into the engine make it burn it more efficeiently.. + 8% fuel economany MPG...

Kane

·
Boosted
480 Posts
Hi,

There SDI's,what the do is let more fuel into the engine, this in turn gives more BHP and leeting more fuel into the engine make it burn it more efficeiently.. + 8% fuel economany MPG...

Kane
Link to any info?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I did, but it's always nice to hear the experience from someone who's used one, rather than read the marketing jargon...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Always a bit sceptical about additions to improve economy - performance yes - economy how?

If its easy why dont the manufactureres do it? Surely they squeeze out every possible efficiency to make their cars as economicsl as possible in the first place

Would be grateful to understand more

Tobes

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi,

Kane
Have you actually tested them properly?

Sounds too good to be true for just £80. :D

Also wouldn't the cars ECU freak out as more fuel is being pumped in?

·
kane666
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok,

All valid questions, here is what you want...

SDI – A brand new product for the English market can be used with any car. SDI is the latest technology using microchips inside each SDI, for up to 10BHP performance and over 8% fuel economy saved. What each of the SDI’s do is let more fuel into the engine therefore bigger fuel injection helps performance, but also using more fuel the SDI burns the fuel more efficiently and economically . Depending on how many cylinders your car is depends on how many you will need. One SDI per cylinder, so the mini will need four. Sold in a set of four and six please select according to your car.

This product has been tried and tested on both are R53 Mini One and R56 Cooper S, the results were surprising, the R53 Mini One improved fuel eccomany by, 12% and up 8BHP, the best results were on the R56 Showing 11BHP increase and 8% increase fuel eccomany.

To use for R56 and R53 whatever the model, for use with all cars…..

100% brand new, ISO 9001 High quality.

Great Electronic System and fits for use most point-type coils.

Test results show the delivers maximum voltage to the spark plug for a more powerful and smoother engine start.

Allowing stronger current and longer super duration.

Increase average 10 horse power and engine efficiency at low-end as well as speed.

Provide better fuel burning, average save 10%~20% gasoline.

Delivery an average of 15% more spark energy and voltage.

Extend ignite time to 19ms ( original about 10ms), full ignite gasoline, advantages are save gasoline, gain more power and reduce cylinder accumulated carbon dust.
[/B][/B]
Taken from ryuperformance.com

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
But what is YOUR experience with them? How have you found it? You'll find X number of things available to improve your bhp and mpg, but when people have used them, they find very little (or no) change whatsoever.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So they're basicallly uprated spark plugs?

The general consensus with other cars I've owned was that they are pointless unless you have modified the engine way past what is currently available for the R56.

Would love to proven wrong though. :D

G

·
That graph is all good showing the increase in power at certain rpms but my guess is if you put the torque line up against that graph before and after and you would find the 10BHP extra you develop at 6000rpm was 'stolen' from the low end power...

PS nice stealth intercooler - i like it very much!

·
kane666
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sdi

Hi there,

This is all the info i have, i have them and i really like them and i have noticed a difference in the drive.... And most importantly MPG has been improved...

Look whatever i say, there is no winning all the info is there, make of it what you wish......

kane666

G

·
Hi there,

This is all the info i have, i have them and i really like them and i have noticed a difference in the drive.... And most importantly MPG has been improved...

Look whatever i say, there is no winning all the info is there, make of it what you wish......

kane666
Im thinking about getting the ryu air filter, is that the intercooler thats on your car?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts