MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an R57 which is leaking between the rubber of the roof and either end of the windscreen (A-pillars). This means that the floor of both the drivers side and the passengers side becomes wet when it rains.

Here is a picture of the rubber from which drops slowly fall down into the car. This happens on both this side and the other side.
20191226_131806_edit.jpg

This is the part of the roof which mates with the A-pillar when the roof is closed:
20191226_131820_edit.jpg

I cleaned the rubber and checked that all the drains along the windscreen are working properly. The rubber does not seem broken or dried out. It also looks to me that the roof is closing properly. I am unable to find someone else with the same problem, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to solve this?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have googled and found two solutions available which forums say work. First is cheap - apply silicone grease to the rubber to rejuvenate it and to assist the rubber locating. Second more expensive - find the complete rubber seal which also runs down the A pillar from a breakers or used on Ebay from a later R57 which is in a better condition and change it out. Seems there are only a few screws. A new one would be a couple of hundred pounds and not cost effective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I indeed already applied silicone grease, but to no avail. I searched for new rubbers, but these are indeed crazy expensive.

I was wondering if someone knows if there could be a problem with the closing of the roof, since the rubbers on both sides leak. It seems, however, to me that is closes properly...

·
Registered
519 Posts
If the latches engage then it is closed fully. Here is one seller on ebay but who knows the condition, item is No 193192523022. Cheap enough presuming you are in the uk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts