MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Fitting a new clutch and iv noticed that the LUK clutch kit has come with a different style bearing to the OE one. I have put a picture of them both below.

I doubled checked this is the correct kit but can anyone confirm this bearing is ok? Also what sort of grease should i put on the bearing slide?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
below link high temp grease not to much dont want to let it contaminate the clutch plates when flywheel spins.
as for thrust bearing its typical of the after market kits,, rather put a factory thrust bearing in really as stronger, that said i have fitted thousands of luk kits dont get may issues unless the owner drives with foot resting on clutch pedal then we see loads of them with loads of noise after 6 months or sooner,, ie clutch pedal is a switch on or off never touched in between times

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
below link high temp grease not to much dont want to let it contaminate the clutch plates when flywheel spins.
as for thrust bearing its typical of the after market kits,, rather put a factory thrust bearing in really as stronger, that said i have fitted thousands of luk kits dont get may issues unless the owner drives with foot resting on clutch pedal then we see loads of them with loads of noise after 6 months or sooner,, ie clutch pedal is a switch on or off never touched in between times
Thank you very much mike! 😃

1 - 3 of 3 Posts