MINI Cooper Forum banner

R60 Countryman Anthracite Turbo Fan Colour Match

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gavcav 
#1 ·
Hello all, we have a 2014 R60 Countryman with the R126 Turbofan wheels that were factory finished in Anthracite. I have taken a wheel for refurbishment to somewhere I have used a number of times for other cars and asked if they could repeat the factory colour, and at drop off they said it might not match perfectly. They said again at pickup, as they would not know what factory colour to match and while they do lots of MINI wheels, they have never heard of factory anthracite finish from them.

Having brought it home, while it has been finished nicely, their standard anthracite is a lighter shade than the others and a bit glossier. I could live with it being a touch different to the one on the other axle, but the problem is that the centre cap being the darker factory colour.

I have done some digging. The back of the centre cap has a part code for 'Light Anthracite'. There is a paint code of B04, or WB04, that ties up to Light Anthracite Matt, but has main name of Night Fever Black Metallic, and is a wheel-only colour. I have first seen it mentioned in 2011.

I have also found that the factory wheel part code changed in 2013, leading me to believe the anthracite colour changed at that time. Therefore, I am not sure that Night Fever, if a matt finish, is going to be the right one.

My old wheels are not a matt finish and some early R60 pictures with anthracite turbofans do seem quite matt. Mine seem less glossy than the newly refurbished wheel, but that might change if I were to fully clean and put some wax on.

Anyone with experience of trying to match the wheel colour at refurbishment. What would you do in my case, ask the refurber to have another go with a darker colour, get the centre cap painted to match, or just live with it?

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all, we have a 2014 R60 Countryman with the R126 Turbofan wheels that were factory finished in Anthracite. I have taken a wheel for refurbishment to somewhere I have used a number of times for other cars and asked if they could repeat the factory colour, and at drop off they said it might not match perfectly. They said again at pickup, as they would not know what factory colour to match and while they do lots of MINI wheels, they have never heard of factory anthracite finish from them.

Having brought it home, while it has been finished nicely, their standard anthracite is a lighter shade than the others and a bit glossier. I could live with it being a touch different to the one on the other axle, but the problem is that the centre cap being the darker factory colour.

I have done some digging. The back of the centre cap has a part code for 'Light Anthracite'. There is a paint code of B04, or WB04, that ties up to Light Anthracite Matt, but has main name of Night Fever Black Metallic, and is a wheel-only colour. I have first seen it mentioned in 2011.

I have also found that the factory wheel part code changed in 2013, leading me to believe the anthracite colour changed at that time. Therefore, I am not sure that Night Fever, if a matt finish, is going to be the right one.

My old wheels are not a matt finish and some early R60 pictures with anthracite turbofans do seem quite matt. Mine seem less glossy than the newly refurbished wheel, but that might change if I were to fully clean and put some wax on.

Anyone with experience of trying to match the wheel colour at refurbishment. What would you do in my case, ask the refurber to have another go with a darker colour, get the centre cap painted to match, or just live with it?

Thanks.
Hi..did you find anything further on this? I have a 2014 countryman Cooper S R60 with the matte anthracite 18” alloy wheels. I’d be interested to know the colour code for mine although they’re not the same as yours which are not matte and darker?..regs Gavin
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.