MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me today and told me I can pick up my mini cooper on the 3rd of January.

Yeeeah... Thats a great new year. :D :D :D

He asked me if i want to have winterwheels with the R85 star alloys? It is a special offer of BMW for 699 EURO...
He also faxed me a lousy picture of them.
Does anybody have a picture of them? I would like to see them before i order them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The description is wrong !!!

R 85 is a 17" wheel S-spoke

R 86 is the five spoke 15" wheel. I have it on my one with winter tyres. It looks pretty. I ordered the wheels with 7 holes (R81) but somebody made a mistake. Now it is also o.k. as it is.

Until now you can get 9 different original alloy-wheels from your dealer.

The wheels all in the new catalogue for assesories. Sorry I have no scanner now.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Digiteam said:
My dealer called me today and told me I can pick up my mini cooper on the 3rd of January.

Yeeeah... Thats a great new year. :D :D :D

He asked me if i want to have winterwheels with the R85 star alloys? It is a special offer of BMW for 699 EURO...
He also faxed me a lousy picture of them.
Does anybody have a picture of them? I would like to see them before i order them.
Your dealer is hoping you say to having the R85 alloys fitted as MINI has yet again got the wrong spec of a car:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thank you guys,

I have just orderd the R86 tyres. If i get my car i will post a picture of them.

I cannot wait any longer!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
I agree with Marten - the pictures seem wrong. Looks like pictures 7 & 8 are reversed. Picture #7 says its the R85 17" wheel but it looks 15". :confused:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
BruceK said:
I agree with Marten - the pictures seem wrong. Looks like pictures 7 & 8 are reversed. Picture #7 says its the R85 17" wheel but it looks 15". :confused:
Whoever edited the brochure did a lousy job ... I think it should read:

# 1 - R90 cross-spoke (not pictured)
# 2 - R83 5-star (Daytona)
# 3 - R86 star-spoke
# 4 - R84 X-lite (Monza)
# 5 - R81 7-hole (Imola)
# 6 - R87 double-spoke
# 7 - R82 8-spoke (Silverstone)
# 8 - R85 S-spoke (LeMans)
# 9 - R88 double-spoke

15" x 5.5" = R81, R82, R86, R87
16" x 6.6" = R83, R84, R88