MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First off sorry if this has been covered before but I've carried out a search and have hit a bit of a dead end.

I'm interested in buying a set of 18" R90 Split Rim Replicas for my 02 Cooper and cannot find anyone listing them either on fleabay or doing a google search. I've also tried looking for Ruotecompany but just get a page error on their site. If anyone has any contact details where I can buy these from then please let me know.

Also I have seen on a previous post that they have an offset 45 but looking at OEM JCW wheels they come with offset 52 according to the FAQs page. So what fits best?
I will be using 205/40 18 runflats and have the car lowered on -25mm Eibachs.

Thanks.....

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Also I have seen on a previous post that they have an offset 45 but looking at OEM JCW wheels they come with offset 52 according to the FAQs page. So what fits best?
I will be using 205/40 18 runflats and have the car lowered on -25mm Eibachs.
I often wonder why they chose ET52 for the OEM JCW wheels ... probably so they could charge you for fitting the steering limiter and doing an alignment :p

You should be fine with 205/40-18 on 18" ET45 Replicas.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I often wonder why they chose ET52 for the OEM JCW wheels ... probably so they could charge you for fitting the steering limiter and doing an alignment :p

You should be fine with 205/40-18 on 18" ET45 Replicas.

Thanks for the reply.

Will the 205/40 profile be OK over the 7.5J rim width as I really want to use runflats and will runflats work on these replica rims, or would I have to use the slightly wider 215/35?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. mate, I might also try Leigh Tyres.

I take it all these sellers are getting them from the same supplier so quality will be the same.

By the way the Eibachs are a great mod. :wink::nice:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have these wheels too. I got them for £599.99 with 215/35/R18 Falken tyres, this is a better package than you get from the ebay seller above

here is the seller if your interested, they also trade on ebay AutoSport

They are a great looking wheel, Oh yer.. my car is on -30 eibachs too with no problems

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the link Crofty.

Are they the 45mm offset and 7.5J width as I can only find the 8J BMW type which are slightly different from the R90's on the site. I'll give them a call I think.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks for the link Crofty.

Are they the 45mm offset and 7.5J width as I can only find the 8J BMW type which are slightly different from the R90's on the site. I'll give them a call I think.
to be honest i got them off ebay so i don't even know if they are on that site, but that is the companys site so if you call them they will probably still do them. They are in Bolton, not sure if thats anywhere near you but they also offered to post mine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I have got replica R90s on and got them from Rimstyle if thats any help :)
Hi NicPlusOne,
thanks for the link to Rimstyle, got some great wheels on there and good price without tyres too.

I noticed the offset of the Rimstyle R90s are 48mm, do you clear the inner arches OK when turning and driving? What size tyre are you using?

Would like to go for Runflats (I know they are not favourite but like the hassle free side to it) but not sure if Replica rims are suitable for these. What do you think?

How did you find the quality of these rims?

Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts