MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has ordered R90 cross spokes and sold the Chili S Spoke wheels back to the dealer to get them. Does anyone know roughly how much this costs? I am guessing £500-£700. I think cross spokes were £1795 at my dealer. My S spokes will be brand new when I take delivery of the car

Thanks,

James.

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
I have the R88 wheels on my Cooper. I sorted out a deal that they would take the Chili pack 5 spoke wheels back into stock as they were brand new and give me £500 off the cost of the R88s - they only cost me an extra £450 then. The £500 was the cost of the 16" wheels as part of the chili pack, not sure how much the s spokes are but I'm guessing you should be able to get £500 to £700 off the R90s??

Hope that helps, my dealer was d i c k lovett in swindon.

Jonathan

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
jcuthell said:
Thanks Jonathan so they could still cost £1k ouch!
I really wanted the R90s originally but £1300 after the discount for the 5 spokes was too much to cope with! My bank balance was having a heart attack at the possibility.

MINI do have cast light alloy version of the R90s - they are the same basic design but aren't the split rim expensive version - they're £950 so you could be looking at about £300 ish to upgrade if they take the S spokes back into stock?? I looked at these but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning wheels and they look like they'll be a bit of a pain!

Hope this helps but I'm sure which ever wheels you go for, the MINI will look fabulous!

Jonathan

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts