MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone has ordered R90 cross spokes and sold the Chili S Spoke wheels back to the dealer to get them. Does anyone know roughly how much this costs? I am guessing £500-£700. I think cross spokes were £1795 at my dealer. My S spokes will be brand new when I take delivery of the car

Thanks,

James.

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
I have the R88 wheels on my Cooper. I sorted out a deal that they would take the Chili pack 5 spoke wheels back into stock as they were brand new and give me £500 off the cost of the R88s - they only cost me an extra £450 then. The £500 was the cost of the 16" wheels as part of the chili pack, not sure how much the s spokes are but I'm guessing you should be able to get £500 to £700 off the R90s??

Hope that helps, my dealer was d i c k lovett in swindon.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jonathan so they could still cost £1k ouch!

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
jcuthell said:
Thanks Jonathan so they could still cost £1k ouch!
I really wanted the R90s originally but £1300 after the discount for the 5 spokes was too much to cope with! My bank balance was having a heart attack at the possibility.

MINI do have cast light alloy version of the R90s - they are the same basic design but aren't the split rim expensive version - they're £950 so you could be looking at about £300 ish to upgrade if they take the S spokes back into stock?? I looked at these but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning wheels and they look like they'll be a bit of a pain!

Hope this helps but I'm sure which ever wheels you go for, the MINI will look fabulous!

Jonathan

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
J3T
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing