MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas or places I can go to get the original BMW 17" R90 wheels for cheaper then retail price?

I love them :cool: but the cost is just that little too excessive for me at the moment!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but, I'm new to the Mini world......................... are the R90's the 17 S spoke type that are on the Cooper S?

If so, I have a set with Runflats with NO scuffs that I've just taken off my 53 reg Cooper S to fits 18's....
yres have covered approx 2500 miles

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Davislove3rd said:
Does anyone have any ideas or places I can go to get the original BMW 17" R90 wheels for cheaper then retail price?

I love them :cool: but the cost is just that little too excessive for me at the moment!!
I don't know about across the pond, but a set with tires sold on ebay recently for less than $900. I'd say just keep an eye out, if you can be patient you will probably find some.

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
The replicas are a good option... especially if price is an issue. I personally wanted to get a set of originals as it made things easier and everything came on the car when I got it... I ended up paying £1600 for the wheel/ tyre set which is only £150 less than the MSRP... but better than nothing. I'm also thinking of selling the s-spokes that came off my car when new which should give me about £700.... so £900 for the upgrade is acceptable for me.... just my 2p worth.

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks...........

the cheapest I've managed to work it out is by buying the wheels on their own and putting the tyres from my s spokes on them...........then selling the s spokes without tyres, the net cost of this would be ~£1050.

TBH, I really want the 'original' ones but maybe i'm being a bit fussy, the replicas look good, but you can tell the offset is different as they seem to stick out more on the pics i've seen, also don't know if this can upset anything mechanically

the other option I thought about is going for the 16" version, much lower cost and the handling would improve............but they just don't have that same impact as the 17" compo ones :cool:

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have been offered a good deal on a set of anthracite R90's at the weekend.................i'm not sure I like them though.....shame

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
how good is a good deal??

i really like the anthracite wheels. if u didnt want them i may be interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts