MINI Cooper Forum banner

R99 and JCW brakes on now!

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jayxx83 
#1 ·
I've gone from R90 wheels on Pirelli runflats with standard brakes on my 2003 MCS JCW.....

....and now I have fitted a set of R99 wheel powdercoated in Hi-Power silver fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 and the brakes have been upgraded to R56 front brake calipers/discs/pads/hoses and painted up to be JCW. I must say the difference to my car is amazing. Handling is brilliant - no more sliding on greasy roundabouts, no more headaches from the slightest bump and the brakes are a vast improvement for relatively little outlay. See pics below....

See less See more
#5 ·
4 x R99 Wheels - £100 from a breakers (had to wait for another 2 for a while as I would only take wheels from the rear of cars that had been front end damaged)

Refurb in non-standard powdercoat finish at Diamond Wheels in Stockport - £240

Goodyear 215/40/R17 Eagle F1 tyres from mytyres - £280 - fitted for free at refurbishers

R56 calipers/discs/pads/hoses - all from delivery mileage car - £230 + £50 fitting
I already had the caliper paint and the decals were £4 from insigniaworks1 on ebay

Sold my R90 with runflats for £340 and I will be selling my old calipers and discs to get some more cash back

Cost me £660ish so far then......

#14 ·
Fair enough - Ive currently got GTT spiroslot discs all round but when I get round to doing the JCW brake upgrade I will keep the GTT rears and get the drilled/slotted discs for the JCW calipers up front... but thats when I can afford to do the brakes (again :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.