MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passing thru Sydney airport this morning I was pleased to see a MINI Cooper on show, prepped for the Celebrity race at next month's GP in Melbourne

It's Red/White w/ black & white check striping on roof, doors & bonnet plus a small Aussie flag on roof. Wheels are white 17" S-Spokes. Looked :cool: !

Sorry... No camera. Next time maybe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Second Hand Race Cars?

Whar will happen to the MINI race cars after the race?

Celebrities are not often known for their driving skills...

An ad for the Melbourne Age:

"Pre-loved MINI, genuine 200 miles only, weekend use, chili red, sports exhaust, fire extinguisher, good condition but has suffered some parking damage, beat the dealer waiting lists. $39,990 firm."

:) :) :)

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
My OZ dealer told me on Friday that the Grand Prix Celebrity Challenge cars will be LHD (not RHD) Cooper Works models. That means that they will not be test driven post GP, nor sold on after the event, (except to racing teams perhaps?).

Has anyone taken up BMW/MINI's offer to the 3 day (AUS$2500) package at the GP? I was hoping that MINI orders would get in free, still I think that it is great that we got invited, as BMW reserves those invites to BMW owners, something that we are not! Therefore BMW Head Office consider us to be BMW owners, and that gives me a warm feeling, especially considering the 'faults' issues.

eltel

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eltel said:
Has anyone taken up BMW/MINI's offer to the 3 day (AUS$2500) package at the GP?
No, but if you fly Qantas & register online for the competition, you can get in as a wildcard to the celeb race as a prize

eltel said:
? I was hoping that MINI orders would get in free
Yeah, right! Probably get in free if you put up the $$$ for a new 7 though... Someone's got to pretend it looks pretty:D

BTW I put this in the wrong Forum by mistake - Sorry people:eek:

Maybe a kindly Moderator could shift it to Cooper or GD
:)

·
Registered
213 Posts
eltel said:
My OZ dealer told me on Friday that the Grand Prix Celebrity Challenge cars will be LHD (not RHD) Cooper Works models. That means that they will not be test driven post GP, nor sold on after the event, (except to racing teams perhaps?).

Has anyone taken up BMW/MINI's offer to the 3 day (AUS$2500) package at the GP? I was hoping that MINI orders would get in free, still I think that it is great that we got invited, as BMW reserves those invites to BMW owners, something that we are not! Therefore BMW Head Office consider us to be BMW owners, and that gives me a warm feeling, especially considering the 'faults' issues.

eltel
Maybe they will be sold in the US? As racers?

My MINI is fault free and drives straight.

BTW, like your flag!

Cheers

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Garry said:

BTW, like your flag!

Cheers
Gary, I was messing around with avitars and I like yours so much, that I thought I'd try it. I'll remove it if you ask.

I'm proud of our flag, it's great to see it on this site.

Regards, eltel

·
Registered
213 Posts
Keep using it! I hope it becomes the banner/avatar for all Aussie members!:)

It sure is the lucky country, the MINIs are cheaper there due to the lower tax. Sigh.

My MINI cheers me up on rainy, wet, damp, dreary days like today...

Cheers!

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Garry said:
Keep using it! I hope it becomes the banner/avatar for all Aussie members!:)

It sure is the lucky country, the MINIs are cheaper there due to the lower tax. Sigh.

My MINI cheers me up on rainy, wet, damp, dreary days like today...

Cheers!
Thanks Gary, I'll fly it proudly.

So glad that you're happy with your Cooper. We haven't even driven one yet, and may not do so for at least another month. The wait is absolutely killing us down here.

Regards, eltel

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
The Australian F1 site has a bit on the Celebrity Race here if anyone's interested.

Apparently the cast of Neighbours, Home & Away, Clive James, Dame Edna, Kylie & Jason, Rolf Harris and Skippy are all taking part :D :D :D

Andy

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
TVRman said:
The Australian F1 site has a bit on the Celebrity Race here if anyone's interested.

Apparently the cast of Neighbours, Home & Away, Clive James, Dame Edna, Kylie & Jason, Rolf Harris and Skippy are all taking part :D :D :D

Andy
What about STEFAN DENNIS(aka Paul on Neighbours) :D :D :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
my dealer told me about this race a couple of weeks ago

and guess what

all the car's are scrapped after the race

crushed !!!!!!!!!!!!

as they are not road legal and the dealer thinks that some of them might be rejects mabey some of the forums members
cars

This is what he told me how true it is i do not know

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
Silver Surfer said:
my dealer told me about this race a couple of weeks ago

and guess what

all the car's are scrapped after the race

crushed !!!!!!!!!!!!

as they are not road legal and the dealer thinks that some of them might be rejects mabey some of the forums members
cars

This is what he told me how true it is i do not know
I shouldn't think JCW will thank your dealer for suggesting that ! - As far as I know they are fairly similar to JCW Club Sport

TVRMans actually seen one before they were shipped at JCW - they may be crushing them but they certainly weren't rejects !

As for being road legal - well that depends on if your in Aus or UK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts