MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to know which is t he best radar detector that you dont subscribe to and does not run off cig lighter but one you can charge at home:red:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
First of all why don't you want it to run off the cigarette lighter?

Second what MINI have you got?

What is your budget?

What have you already looked at and dismissed, and why?

If you give more information then someone might be able to help give you the specific answer you want, maybe;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Radar detectors are next to useless now. They false alarm on traffic lights, the led speed reminders signs etc etc and the long arm of the law is firmly gripping a laser gun.

My advice is to get a GPS based one. I have a Snooper Evo and it cost me £99 and a further £99 for a lifetime subscription. If you have a TomTom, the speed camera subscription is only a few pounds a year.

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Radar detectors are next to useless now. They false alarm on traffic lights, the led speed reminders signs etc etc and the long arm of the law is firmly gripping a laser gun.

My advice is to get a GPS based one. I have a Snooper Evo and it cost me £99 and a further £99 for a lifetime subscription. If you have a TomTom, the speed camera subscription is only a few pounds a year.
Sorry going off topic, does the TomTom ONE have the speed camera function on it or do you have to download the package and subscribe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
passport makes a battery operated one---can also be operated with a cord if you are suddenly faced with battery failure---easier to carry extra batteries

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a TOMTOM and had it for over 2 years, I then got a snooper syrius proline... and woah what a difference, people always say "it does exactly the same job", but why choose a human heart surgeon over a monkey heart surgeon if this is the theory you incorporate into your daily life?

My point... that if you want brilliant navigation and great speed camera detection then go with snooper!

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
Sorry going off topic, does the TomTom ONE have the speed camera function on it or do you have to download the package and subscribe?
The TomTom One has the speed camera warning for free, but if it is as accurate as their mapping (my road is still listed by it's old name on TomTom and it was changed 45 years ago!) then expect a £60 fine a 3 points very soon ;)

Btw, I could be wrong, but aren't radar detectors illegal nowadays?

·
Registered
108 Posts
i thought they were illegal as well?

Have a road angel in mine - very good piece of kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts