MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has suggested getting a radar detector for my 21st birthday in a couple of weeks time.
Sorry if there has been a post about this before, but has anyone got one of these fitted in their mini?
Which one is best and why?
What features should I be looking out for?

Any feedback would be great.

Peter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,742 Posts
Radar detectors are really at the end of their life - false alarms, dont sense - Truvello, Traffipax or specs cameras
I would advise a GPS based detector
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, i was generalising when i said redar detectors. Suppose i mean speed camera detector. Im from northern ireland, and there are only 3 fixed gatso's, so its really mobile cameras in back of vans, and hairdrier style camera's im looking protection against, tho im sure there will be more types here soon.
 

·
Works 210BHP
Joined
·
19 Posts
I've just got a Road Angel 2 with a free laser detector for under your number plate. This seems to be one of the best all round detectors and it is totally portable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Laser Detector...?

MartyCooperWorks said:
I've just got a Road Angel 2 with a free laser detector for under your number plate. This seems to be one of the best all round detectors and it is totally portable
Where did you get your Road Angel from? I bought mine in Halfords but there wasn't one in the box....
 

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
I have one that I got from Mike I highly recommend it easy to fit and does exacly what it says on the tin, not one ticket.
Pics in the gallery.. :)
 

·
I LUV my MINI
Joined
·
117 Posts
Hi Petermarkphilips

I'm using a Origin B2 Solo GPS system and have just bought a Target LRC 100 laser diffuser, fitted it under my No plate. The Origin is great so far, though only had it fitted for around a week. It really makes you think when the alarm goes for Schools & accident black spots. Haven't had a hit from a laser detector yet so can't really comment on diffuser. Will have to go out and see if I can spot any coppers & buzz them :D If I get zapped I will let you all know either way......lol.......Oh & I must get some photos of my car on here just fitted my Aero grille :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Kotz said:
I'm using a Origin B2 Solo GPS system and have just bought a Target LRC 100 laser diffuser, fitted it under my No plate. The Origin is great so far, though only had it fitted for around a week. It really makes you think when the alarm goes for Schools & accident black spots. Haven't had a hit from a laser detector yet so can't really comment on diffuser. Will have to go out and see if I can spot any coppers & buzz them :D If I get zapped I will let you all know either way......lol.......Oh & I must get some photos of my car on here just fitted my Aero grille :)

You'll know when it isn't working when you get no laser alert and then a brown envelope like I did. Origin still haven't responded to my email from 2 weeks ago.

I would not recommend their unit for anything other than fixed camera locations which it is excellent at. Laser? Mine has never gone off in 18 months yet I have definatley been lasered.

The Schools thing I switched off as it went off constantly when you drove near a school yet the marketing says it is only active at arrival / home times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Things are a touch different here on the other side of the Pond, but our house shares a Valentine 1 and we love it. It does go off for laser, unfortunately by that time it's too late. However, we got a lot of use out of it on our vacation last week, and avoided several holiday related speed traps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
I have got a Bel radar detector... works quite well in canada. ESPECIALLY on the highways where I like to see how fast my cooper can REALLY go :p It detects them from a mile away! It detects radar, laser and cameras 360 degrees
 

·
MotorCityMadman
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
miniman marshall said:
I have got a Bel radar detector... works quite well in canada. ESPECIALLY on the highways where I like to see how fast my cooper can REALLY go :p It detects them from a mile away! It detects radar, laser and cameras 360 degrees
What model Beltronic do you have? :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top