MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my coolant was below the max level and yesterday noticed a small damp patch on the ground below the radiator. Upon limited investigation (would need to remove the trim under the bumper) I noticed a wet patch at the bottom right hand corner of the radiator. Can anyone advise if there is a pipe located there or if this can be fixed. I'll speak to my mechanic tomorrow but if anyone could advise me today I'd appreciate it.
Might be on the hunt for a new radiator (hope not)::(

Andrew

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a look today, its the plastic elbow which looks like its attached to the radiator.The elbow looks like it is a separate part with large hose attached to it. I phoned Mini parts today and they guy said there is no elbow ! He faxed me the mini coolant diagram which does only show a hose.There is an elbow attached to another hos but not one shown coming from the radiator itself Can anyone advise me on this ? I know the parts dept can be rubbish but a non existent part ? The elbow looks like it attaches to the bottom left hand side then the hose is attached to it with a jubilee clip. Can anyone tell me if it is actually a separate part or actually part of the radiator ?
A part number would be great !

Thanks, Ag

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out its the gasket for the elbow that attaches to the lower coolant hose.

I called a radiator repair shop who told me that the radiator elbow bolts on an has a rubber gasket. A phone call to mini confirmed this but guess what, they don't sell the gasket separately ( probably a £1 part) you have to buy a full radiator at £180 Why design a radiator with replaceable gaskets which can't be bought ? Looks like I'll be looking for a gasket then ! Anyone have any idea who would supply this ? Not the dealer thats for sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 MINI Gasket leak too

I noticed a small wet patch on the ground as well and the hose hat goes into the engine has a gasket that appears to be leaking slowly. Hae you found a plce yet to obtain the gasket?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They don't sell the gasket separately. You have to buy a complete new radiator. The elbow at the bottom of the rad is bolted on though. If you remove the gasket its a case of finding a suitable replacement. Good luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts