MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my Mini today and listening to the stereo pretty loud and I have to admit I was very very impressed. I really wasn't expecting to much to be honest but the CD Atuo + BOOST combo sound so good I may not bother upgrading. They were well worth the money in my opinion.

LMB:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
LMB, great to hear that you delighted with you're Cooper (like you already post in other threads) and with the Boost radio, but......

yesterday I've got a new option list from my dealer with the mention of a SoundModul for radio Wave and Boost. It contains a amplifier (4 x 70 watt) and BIG speakers (especially in the rear sitepanels. Soundlevel more than 121 dBA. Price: EUR 530,-.

But of course you have to buy a radio Boost as well wich will make a total of: EUR 940,-. And that's just a tiny little bit cheaper than a Harman Kardon system: EUR 1114,- (available at march 2002) :D :D :D

You want other prices (all EUR) ??

Xenon: 1032,-
headlightwasher: 188,-
Finish flag roof: 132,-
Climate controll: 1772,-
Nav system: 1693,-
Park Distance Control: 170,-

Greetz Roy

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FFOP said:
yesterday I've got a new option list from my dealer with the mention of a SoundModul for radio Wave and Boost. It contains a amplifier (4 x 70 watt) and BIG speakers (especially in the rear sitepanels. Soundlevel more than 121 dBA.
Sounds good;)

Trouble is there is always going to be bigger and better:)

I am happy though, the CD Auto + BOOSt combo beat all my expectations.

LMB :cool:

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i gone for the MD front with the boost as well as the cd changer in the boot
all my stuff is on MD and all my g/f's is on CD so had to comprimise

although from what i hear the boost is fabulous

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - can anyone help me with a more specific question about the Radio Boost: Does it include an upgrade to the speakers fitted, or is it just an upgrade to the amplifier in the head unit?

I have an existing Pioneer 4*25W head unit that I would like to use in the MINI, but it depends on the quality of the standard speakers; if they're rubbishy 10W units then I might as well go for the CD and Radio Boost combo from the options. I'm not into huge volume, but the quality of the sound must be good.

Hopefully going to order this week; any reply welcome, particularly from anyone who has tried a good 3rd party head unit on the standard speaker set up. Thanks! :)

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
1,532 Posts
handolio said:
Hi - can anyone help me with a more specific question about the Radio Boost: Does it include an upgrade to the speakers fitted, or is it just an upgrade to the amplifier in the head unit?

I have an existing Pioneer 4*25W head unit that I would like to use in the MINI, but it depends on the quality of the standard speakers; if they're rubbishy 10W units then I might as well go for the CD and Radio Boost combo from the options. I'm not into huge volume, but the quality of the sound must be good.
Awight m8!

Unfortunately all u get is a diffrent head unit, with a bit more power, thats it, the front and rear speakers stay the same, they're 15W joobers I think.

Best bet is to stick with your Pioneer head unit, and spend the remainder money(which wasn't spent on the Boost) to buy yourself some more oomphy speakers.

I've heard the boost system, its very good. But I decided to buy myself an Alpine 4x60W CDA 7876RB head unit (cost me £300 trade price £500rrp) I'm gonna get some better 6x9s maybe by pioneer later on.

Haven't got my MINI yet, confirmed pickup is the 8th of Feb
So I'll tell anybody who wants to know what my head unit sounds with std speakers

Hope I've helped m8

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
yesterday I've got a new option list from my dealer with the mention of a SoundModul for radio Wave and Boost. It contains a amplifier (4 x 70 watt) and BIG speakers (especially in the rear sitepanels. Soundlevel more than 121 dBA. Price: EUR 530,-.
Bigger speakers? I've change mine and there is no way you can change the size of them. Do you mean size, or power capabilities... In terms of power, I changed the rear ones 20 fold!!! ooh matron, just need an amp to power them to their full... doh!

Which reminds me, if anyone has an amp for sale...

Dom

·
1,532 Posts
According to our main man the ICEman.

He was responsible for the speakers in the MINI, he say he only just managed to squeeze in the 6x9 speakers in the rear of the cars.

He says you can only have 6x9s in the rear compartments, he said that it would be useless to go for any bigger in the MINI.

But thats all I know, contact ICEman, he will know more than I do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dom said:

Bigger speakers? I've change mine and there is no way you can change the size of them. Do you mean size, or power capabilities... In terms of power, I changed the rear ones 20 fold!!! ooh matron, just need an amp to power them to their full... doh!

Which reminds me, if anyone has an amp for sale...

Dom
Wel Dom, they brochure indicate that they're bigger speakers. Well at least in the rear. They're mounted in the back side panels with a strip that state: MINI SoundModul. Must sound pretty good I think.

Roy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ibb said:

Best bet is to stick with your Pioneer head unit, and spend the remainder money(which wasn't spent on the Boost) to buy yourself some more oomphy speakers.

<Snip>

Hope I've helped m8
Thanks Ibb, you have indeed. I think I'm just going to get it with the standard stereo, put the Pioneer in it and see how it sounds. If it doesn't sound too good I'll go with your recommendation and get some uprated speakers myself.

Cheers!

·
1,532 Posts
Any time bud!

According to Dom(he knows a thing or two about ICE) the rear speakers aren't that good but the fronts are not that bad actually.

Cheers

·
1,532 Posts
FFOP said:

Wel Dom, they brochure indicate that they're bigger speakers. Well at least in the rear. They're mounted in the back side panels with a strip that state: MINI SoundModul. Must sound pretty good I think.

Roy
Hi there, the compartments are exactly the same, the speakers inside just has more power than the standard ones.
You can only get 6x9 speakers in those compartments as it is anyway, so the speakers are of the same size, if I'm wrong someone please tell me........Dom???

:)

·
1,532 Posts
handolio said:

Thanks Ibb, you have indeed. I think I'm just going to get it with the standard stereo, put the Pioneer in it and see how it sounds. If it doesn't sound too good I'll go with your recommendation and get some uprated speakers myself.

Cheers!
Another thing bud, even if you were to get the Boost system, chances of upgrading from it would be much harder as the syestem I think is hardwired to the car, unlike the std one, which you can easily disconnect out of the dash.

I did exactly what you are doing, stayed with the standard, so I could buy some more powerful audio stuff for the MINI.

Don't ge me wrong, I do like the BOOST, but it isn't exactly what I wanted.

Cheers again hehehehe!

·
Registered
78 Posts
FFOP said:
LMB, great to hear that you delighted with you're Cooper (like you already post in other threads) and with the Boost radio, but......

But of course you have to buy a radio Boost as well wich will make a total of: EUR 940,-. And that's just a tiny little bit cheaper than a Harman Kardon system: EUR 1114,- (available at march 2002) :D :D :D

You want other prices (all EUR) ??

Xenon: 1032,-
headlightwasher: 188,-
Finish flag roof: 132,-
Climate controll: 1772,-
Nav system: 1693,-
Park Distance Control: 170,-

Greetz Roy
Roy,

where did you get this info from, I got completely other prices, Xenon 702 for example.

What do you know about the HK? 1114 EUR, is that for the complete set, so including boost, etc. Is it with CD or MD?

Any news is welcome, like, who is your dealer?
;) Bring me to your dealer ;)

Thanks,
Mutts

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
Ibb said:

Hi there, the compartments are exactly the same, the speakers inside just has more power than the standard ones.
You can only get 6x9 speakers in those compartments as it is anyway, so the speakers are of the same size, if I'm wrong someone please tell me........Dom???

:)
The size of the cut out fits 6x9's fine, although fitting my Pioneer replacements was a bit of a tight squeeze as they are slightly deeper. You could possibly cut it out to fit 10x7's in there, but depth would be a problem, also, there is much more range with 6x9's...

Dom

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mutts said:

Roy,

where did you get this info from, I got completely other prices, Xenon 702 for example.

What do you know about the HK? 1114 EUR, is that for the complete set, so including boost, etc. Is it with CD or MD?

Any news is welcome, like, who is your dealer?
;) Bring me to your dealer ;)

Thanks,
Mutts
Mutts,

I've got a brochure called: "Mini One en Mini Cooper accessoire-prijslijst" (without any date on it..)

I've got it from my dealer (Smudde Enschede) who has a sort of Mini brochure desk, including a Cooper S brochure. By the way I haven't spoken to him cause I was just passing by with my brother in law who (maybe) wants to buy a BWM 320d Touring.

According to the cost of a HK system for a BMW 320 (around 1500 EUR) I think teh HK for the MINI is a all-in price. No info about CD or MD.

Roy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts