MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

The sign -DISABLED- appeared. I assume that it wants me to type in the code ?!
Does anyone know this problem on CD boost radio?

When I bought (used) MC, I havent received all the papers about radio - only some flyer on how to use the radio. So I am not sure what this is about!

If it is a code:
* What do I need to press (and hold) so that input form appeares?
* How many numers is the code long?
* Can I send the request for the code (via e-mail) to BMW myself or this needs to be done by certified dealer?
* What informations they need (besides VIN).

Does anyone have some picture or sheme on all the cables and how should be wired?

Thank you for your help
Matej, Slovenia

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has been produced '05 and it has only 18000 km. I am the second owner. So, the previous owner has bought the car with this Boost radio, and this radio must have been removed in order to put som non-original radio - I am sure, because when I pulled out the radio I saw some non original cables (for extra speekers I assume), and all the other cables have been cut and the conected back together (to original connector).

So when the first owner sold the car he conected the cables back together (original connector) and put original radio in - it wasent working when I got the car.

So do you think that the radio is broken or the connection (cables)?
You say ibus - what is this, where to look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right ! The ibus wire "has no power".
Can you tell me where does this wire go? What kind of information does it supply? Because it is connected, but it has no power.

Two radio fuses (box besides driver's left leg ) are OK as well as the one on the radio? Is there another fuse for this ibus?

Please tell me where to look?

Thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
One of the cables will be disconnected - the ibus wire, check all cables
Hi, I'm mew at mini2, I'm changing the original wave stereo to a cd mp3 boost, I made the conectors by my own, but in the display shows "DISABLED", I have read most of the messages from the forum with this title.

My doubt is the next:

Which Pin number acording this pinout diagram is the CAN+/I-Bus in the Wave conector [Boost (9)]?
Do I need to swich the Pin 10 in the boost (CAN-/T-mute) to anyone in the Wave?
Do I have to swich the Pin 11 in the boost (Tel-on) to anyone in the Wave?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Confirmed by mikeythemini and do it satisfatory in my car.

if you have a car with wave stereo and you want to put a boost one you have to join the 7 pin in the car hearness with the pin number 9 in the boost, to conect the Ibus, acording the diagram abobe, the rest of the pins (10, 11) are not compulsory to conect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to bring this back... but I was hoping that someone might be able to explain the procedure above to me as I am having a difficult time understanding which cables I need to connect to which pins?

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same place....

And a bit stuck now....HELP!!!

My Radio now powers up...However it now says 'Disabled' on the screen. Its the Original Boost Radio.

I have repaired a broken wire +ve from the fuse box (Brown/Red)

Checked the i bus wire - it has continuity to the 'White box' in the corner of the under dash area (Drivers side). But no power (Pin 7 Red/White/Yellow dots)

A few Questions:
  • I have the code...but how do you enter it?
  • What is the white box?
  • How do I test it?
  • Anyone got any ideas?
If the OE Radio is broken can I just fit a retro one? OR will I have the same issues.

Photos here:

Mini pictures by Cherryton - Photobucket

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
An UPDATE
I have now found out how to enter the code.But the Radio just says 'Disabled' and I cant enter anything by pressing the '1' key....... So there is defiantly more info/action needed.

I have disconnected the Battery (for an hour)...reconnected it...and its still the same 'Disabled' Message on the radio...

HELP - I'm going nuts here :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have spent a few more hours on this...the car is in bits....and I'm well Fed up!!!:(

Can anyone help?

Would I be as well just going out and buying a new head unit?

I might be able to find an Expert in Scotland...but would it cost me an arm & a leg to fix the issue?

I'M VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!

HELP!!!!!

Please

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi please can some help to get my code for mini cooper 2006 radio. It says disabled. Checked the books cant find anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts