MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend,

My radio lights up, shows stations, everything... i just don't get any sound. It's as if the amp is shot or needs to be reset. Last thing I did was use the CD player; it worked fine. I shut off the car, and when I came back, I could get no sound. Radio lights up, but no sound. THere is no leakage and no spills; everything is dry as a bone.

I tried shutting off the car to "reboot" the system, but that didn't work. I danced around the car wearing a grass skirt and drinking a rum and Coke. THAT didn't work. I'm out of options. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Do you have Harmon Kardon or is this a stock unit. If you could give us a bit more detail that would help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried shutting off the car to "reboot" the system, but that didn't work. I danced around the car wearing a grass skirt and drinking a rum and Coke. THAT didn't work. I'm out of options. Any ideas? Thanks![/QUOTE]

EXCELLENT!!!

Had this problem with E46 M3 found that removing radio fuse for a few minutes solved it, might be worth a try.....

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Doh! :p

If HK, it is possible that the HK amp died this is not an uncommon problem. If it did, you will need a new amp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem just happened, no HK settings showing up and no sound, I have the warranty so hope it gets fixed under that

·
Registered
94 Posts
From the looks of things with mine the HK amp has blown, leaving me with limited options. Currently been driving around for months with no music. The only thing I have to keep my company is the supercharger, which is great to some extent :) lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the looks of things with mine the HK amp has blown, leaving me with limited options. Currently been driving around for months with no music. The only thing I have to keep my company is the supercharger, which is great to some extent :) lol
And what a sweet sound it izzz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts