MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the new unrestrictive Ragazzon Competition Downpipe fitted to my car. It makes the car sound so much more beautiful and gives a very noticeable increase in power from low all the way up to the high revs. It definetly is making the biggest difference at 3000rpm and above as it now makes my car feel incredibly and significantly faster although the car now pulls even more sharply with less throttle anywhere on the revs. Fitted perfectly without the need of any elbow grease or bending of heat shields etc. All in all a great piece of kit that gives the car more character and performance AND at 180Euros for the downpipe its far far cheaper than all other options on the market that i have seen and the Ragazzon is great quality, even more so because the price is such a bargain.

I have done around 50 miles of driving today and i havent had one CEL at all :D Im hoping it stays that way as it just adds to how brilliant this downpipe is!

I am very happy with this part and thought i would share with you all as there may be one or two of you out their looking for something like this :biggrin:
Listen to the exhaust here :

·
Registered
851 Posts
A little bird told me that the Challenge downpipe and exhaust system "maybe" available to buy early in 2009? Can't wait! :biggrin:
You could probably get very close with a decat pipe, removing the middle silencer and having a straight through back box. I'd doubt there's a cat or any silencers seeing as it's a race car.

·
SCNM Oldie!
27 Posts
I imagine it was fitted at home as i have also had this part but sent it back because it was just TOO noisey and i wouldnt be able to take clients out in a car that sounds like it should be in an off-road rally LOL. I fitted mine in about 1.5hrs using the fitting instructions posted on here by alta showing how to fit there de-cat and full system exactly the fitting instructions for the dp and an easy cheap mod.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi Nick

Is this the system you fitted? :)

Hi Will,

No I didnt get this, I decided to get a full 3 inch turbo back custom made which included a new back box , 4" chrome tips and new cat-less downpipe. It is literally a straight through system now, and its not for the feint hearted :p lol

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Will,

No I didnt get this, I decided to get a full 3 inch turbo back custom made which included a new back box , 4" chrome tips and new cat-less downpipe. It is literally a straight through system now, and its not for the feint hearted :p lol
OMG, I knew from the day you came and had the remap you were going to go mad on it :D

·
SCNM Oldie!
27 Posts
Hasn't stopped them in the past! :D

I agree! Hey good news about being able to remove the check engine light, that is very interesting-so basically you will tuern of the second sensor function almost as if it wasnt there. Makes me wonder abt fiting the de-cat again as the ight can be got rid of permanatly. I know from talking to nick that both me and him bought obd2 diognostic tools for light £20 to turn the error lights out. But is a bit of a pain having the use this box of magic every 30 miles lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hi Will,

Wouldn't mind hearing that MINI. I am just down the road in Blackburn.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts