MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 06 September reg r50 mini cooper.

When I switch the wiper stalk to position 1, I get one flick of the wipers, then nothing and occasionally a wipe but when it does rain they do not wipe anywhere nearly quick enough to be working correctly, can be up to 30 seconds to a minute.

What would be causing this? Is there a way to switch to intermittent as at the moment unless it's raining heavily enough to use the slow constant speed, then I have to manually single wipe each time I want them to wipe. And this is really annoying!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've read elsewhere it's likely to be a loose connection or improper mounting to the windshield, i'll let you know if I figure it out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah please do! I no longer have the car but I would still love to know the cause of the issue as it bugged me for years! 😂😂

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up removing the plug and spraying it with some contact cleaner and also remounting the module to the windshield. All seems to be working now! My best guess is that the module wasn't stuck to the windscreen well enough and was just hanging inside the protective shroud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having this issue with mine. It happens when you have windscreen replaced, or there's debris between the sensor and screen. Or electrical fault with wiring or loose connections. Took mine for diagnostics and nothing electrical so cleaned the window etc just waiting for a downpour to see if it works. If not then replacement sensor the mechanic told me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts