MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

This is my first post, so please be gentle!

I am a pretty new Mini owner (got it in July, just found this site), and so far I'm loving it! Car is an '06 plate Mini One Seven in Astro Black.

However, I have one big problem. The seats, moreover the drivers seat, gets stained with circular water drops every time I get in and out in the rain.

I tried some scotch gard, but that didn't work. I bought some more of a different variety yesterday, but can't get out to clean it today because of...yep, the rain! I mentioned it tho the dealer, who just said it was a problem on a lot of Mini's.....which I find a bit hard to believe.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is so, can anybody suggest any cures?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phew. (I'm kind of) glad it's not only me!

However, you'd have though that BMW could have done something about it...

Anyhow, it's a nice day here in the South East, I'm off work, so time to get washing, and apply some more fabric protector....!

Thanks to all above for validation!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
The Cabrio has a bit of a lip over the door that seems to channel most of the water away from falling on the seats when you open the door (unless it's really pelting it down). So maybe you should upgrade to a convertible MINI? ;):D

Anyway, a warm welcome to MINI2 - hope you soon forget the niggles and enjoy your car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts