MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Mini is having random electrical issues. The radio, tachometer, and speedometer will just randomly quit working, then come back on line at some later point. They don’t all go out at the same time, just an odd gremlin shutting things off here and there.

Anyone have a similar experience or an idea on where to start chasing it down?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Check the body control module for damp. It is behind the panel in the footwell that has the bonnet opening ever.

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
276 Posts
Mini’s get weird problems like this when the voltage gets low.

Check the battery voltage with the car off, should be 12.6V or very close. Less than 12.2V or so, and the battery may need replacement.

With the engine idling, you want to see a charging voltage at the battery of 14.5V. I’d start looking for problems if it were 14.2V or lower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 Mini is having random electrical issues. The radio, tachometer, and speedometer will just randomly quit working, then come back on line at some later point. They don’t all go out at the same time, just an odd gremlin shutting things off here and there.

Anyone have a similar experience or an idea on where to start chasing it down?
I went through the BCM, chasing wires.....the problem was the installed 30 pin iPod adapter that was installed on the right side of the radio. I removed all of it and work fine now for 3 weeks. Best Willo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts