MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a replacement second hand rear bumper arrive from a breakers to replace the broken original. Although I gave year, model and colour (2008 Mini One) to the breaker the replacement looks different. The rear light is larger and seems to have reversing lights combined with the rear fog light. The removable plug for the towing eye is round instead of roughly rectangular and doesn't line up with the original. There are other detail differences. The original part number was 2139 195005, the replacement is 2220 195005, and it was manufactured in 10/2013. The original model application on the sticker inside the bumper was R56, the replacement is R56MU. On the other hand many of the fastener holes seem to be in the right place, as is the exhaust cut out.

So the question is, will it fit my R56? It's still in it's clear plastic packaging from the breaker which I don't want to remove until I'm sure it will fit, to ensure it can be exchanged or refunded.

· Registered
437 Posts
I believe its the facelift bumper for the r56 model
As long as the fasteners, exhaust and towing hook line up you shouldn't have a issue with it fitting
The only issue you might incur is the light unit itself as the later lamp had the reverse lights built into it and the earlier one had them in the rear lights.
the connector would be different as it wouldn't carry the wires for the reverse lights only the fog light

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.