MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else notice that the passenger seatbelt rattle against the molding right behind the passenger door. I have tried laying the belt over the side of the seat but it always slips back. Short of buckling the seatbelt when no one is in the seat, I don't know what else to do.
Anyone have any solutions?
I didn't get this in my tintop MC.

·
Tigergreen
21 Posts
Yes - I am getting the same problem - any solutions anyone - would some sort of padding attached to the buckle work?

The rear belts also make a lot of noise in the same manner. This has been cured by plugging them in, but it makes the rear look somewhat untidy and like the car has just come back from its MOT. Any more tidy solutions out there? Looks like this is a design fault by Mini.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
I've tried sticking velcro onto the belt catches and onto the plasting moulding interior, but very limited effect. The only other advice previously offered on mini2.com was to belt up!

·
Registered
241 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
my best solution is the drive with the rear belts locked down.
AndI suppose the same logic would work for the passenger seat too for those of you without sports seats.

·
Looking good in MOC
141 Posts
I have found pushing the stopper all of the way to the top, so that the buckle sits as high as it can, seems to work quite well.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jake273 said:
I noticed the same rattle. Luckily this trick works with my leather sports seats.
I have the sport seats and it still doesn't work for me.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mickey690 said:
I have found pushing the stopper all of the way to the top, so that the buckle sits as high as it can, seems to work quite well.
I tried this last night...it seemed to help, but there was still a little bit of rattling noise.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
one solution i found today ....

loosen you headrest passenger side from seat, this will then rattle louder than the seat belts and u wont be able to hear the noise.... :D

seriously if anyone find out let me know, dealer said its a design issue, they are supposed to rattle. moving parts and all that. we just love out rattles and squeaks in our MINIs dont we.:rolleyes:

·