MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before but I can't find the answer. Apologies if I am going over old ground!

Can an R56 ONE be re mapped?

I haven't seen anything advertised. Not even the Bluefin says it does the R56 :puzzled:

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Yes it can be remapped as every car but if bluefin is not available you could always go to a company that offers remapping and get it done there instead?

Alot of places will do a remap and dyno for you so it would be individual for the car.

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
Unfortunatly Not Colin, it seem as though the new R56 ECU has been made "tamper" proof and thus for there is no tuning companies out there who have a remap available of the R56 One or Cooper ;)

·
1,901 Posts
Alta Mini Performance - R56 meets a Garrett GT2560R

Thats there review of installing a few garrett turbo kits on the R56 with up to 400bhp+, ive seen a few bluefin style remaps for the ecu aswell kicking about, but dont know enough about them to actually use them.

should have mentiond its these chaps here who do it

Dastek Products - Unichip

Thats only for a R56 Cooper S, the original poster was looking for a remap for an R56 One, which is not currently availablevby any tuner :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats kinda mad, would have thought it easier to remap the one than the turbo, anyone know a reason for that???

·
1,901 Posts
Thats kinda mad, would have thought it easier to remap the one than the turbo, anyone know a reason for that???
I think the main reason bed it was to allow MINI to perhaps develop their own upgrade for the One or Cooper, but here's hoping one of the tuners will be able to develop something :)

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
personally I believe that for a 1.4 litre engine, the new One is quite quick.

if driven correctly, I dont think its very far off from the R53 cooper.

The 1st gen mini one used to be very underpowered. Things like 1.2 fiestas would give it a thrashing etc. For a 1.6, it was unnaceptable.

But the 1.4 engine, goes like stink considering its size.

If there was a remap, you can pretty much guarantee it would only give u about 10 hp extra, which I dont think would make much of a difference

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Unfortunatly Not Colin, it seem as though the new R56 ECU has been made "tamper" proof and thus for there is no tuning companies out there who have a remap available of the R56 One or Cooper ;)
didnt know that! Very Strange.

personally I believe that for a 1.4 litre engine, the new One is quite quick.

if driven correctly, I dont think its very far off from the R53 cooper.

The 1st gen mini one used to be very underpowered. Things like 1.2 fiestas would give it a thrashing etc. For a 1.6, it was unnaceptable.

But the 1.4 engine, goes like stink considering its size.

If there was a remap, you can pretty much guarantee it would only give u about 10 hp extra, which I dont think would make much of a difference
The r50 ONE is underpowered for a 1.6 but still holds its own with the current 1.6 astras and the likes. With a remap on the r50 it would be a rocket ship :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
R56 Mapping

Thanks for the comments guys. it does seem odd that there arent many advertised. I will give Paramount a call and see what they say. it would be a shame if it cant be mapped. Any mini technicians out there able to comment??

Has anyone actually managed to map a ONE?

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
It is possible and has been done but there are still some issues to sort out - I believe a month or so should have the issues resolved

·
Registered
285 Posts
I noticed that in this months modern mini a one in the owners photo area bit had been remapped by somewhere in scotland not sure who it was now but it was a red one with a black spoiler,
Any updates from any tuners? power gains? how long a wait till its ready etc??

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
124 Posts
I noticed that in this months modern mini a one in the owners photo area bit had been remapped by somewhere in scotland not sure who it was now but it was a red one with a black spoiler,
Any updates from any tuners? power gains? how long a wait till its ready etc??

Thanks
Alex
This is my car and its not remaped modermii picked me up wrong:hmph: a dashdaq is a obd2 reader its not a map

·
OLDOILER
5 Posts
This may have been asked before but I can't find the answer. Apologies if I am going over old ground!

Can an R56 ONE be re mapped?

I haven't seen anything advertised. Not even the Bluefin says it does the R56 :puzzled:
Upsolute will chip/remap via the OB port, but will require a "doggle" to get around the tamper proof system - have words with Simon Coe at Upsolute:)

·
MINI2 Veteran
701 Posts
To be honest, I think the mini one is absolutely fine speed wise. The only issue is it struggles up hills sometimes.

I remember when I took my mini on the motorway the firts time when it was brand spanking. It had no guts, this did get better when it ran itself in I must admit.

If you want a sprts car you need to look into a cooper!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts